Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Play Strassa2

[ QUOTE ]
MTT $200 buy in Party.

You are dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the cutoff. Blinds are 50/100 and you have 4k. You open for 250, folds to Strassa2 who calls in the BB. He has 3k, and seems like he wants to play lots of flops and is aggressive but slightly fishy at times [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Flop: AKJ two clubs. Checked to you, you bet 300, Strassa2 makes it 800. What's your plan from here?

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not too happy about calling 800 here w/ top pair where a possible str8 and flush draw exists. I like that I have the inside str8 draw and the Ac.

I would evaluate your bet as two pair or a flush draw, based on this hands action, however, you may pull this w/ any ace (A 5s) based on your image, correct?
I may play it weakly by calling additional 500, and see what your actions are. If str8 or club comes, I am pushing!

Def a tuff spot to be in.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:45 AM

Great question. Your preflop call is not troubling. On the flop, I would not bet 300 at that board. But, since I did, your raise bothers me alot. I can only assume that you put me on Asomething preflop and your raise seems like an extraction raise. Depending on what you think of me as a player would determine my next action. That really is the most important consideration. If I knew that, then I would know whether you were value betting or semi-bluffing. Assuming that you give me some credit, I fold to your miracle Q10os.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:56 AM

Call Down Executed. If you want this pot you're gonna have to fire 3 rounds. If you've been crazy monkey bluff Jason though, I'm probably calling the river, if you've been somewhat more subdued, I'll call the turn and fold to a river push.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Part Deux

So, you go with the concensus of the board, and call.

Turn: a red T.

Strassa2 Pushes.

Your move?
Old 04-23-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Part Deux

[ QUOTE ]
So, you go with the concensus of the board, and call.

Turn: a red T.

Strassa2 Pushes.

Your move?

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck!
Lets make it the 10c instead ok?
I call the 10c, gotta think about the other one.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:59 PM

Easy fold. Hero's differential of hands that strassa2 could possibily play places enough doubt of hero being ahead that he should just fold. What are you hoping that strassa2 has IF you call? Lower pocket, a weak A, semi bluff, complete bluff?

It's not to say that hero is difinitely behind, but the risk of calling strassa2's all in given a tournament setting is too great a risk. I can't see how you can reliably estimate that the hero is ahead greater than 50% of the time on the turn in this particular hand against strassa. Even if it were %50, you've just created an occult coin flip situation for yourself.

A hui hou,
Adam
Old 04-23-2005, 01:21 PM

I call this down, pushing here is just terrible in my mind, because you are only calling me when you have my crushed. I might fold to a river push though.

I call a push on the turn because you bluff too much and I hate you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 04-23-2005, 01:25 PM

From what I know of strassa, he didn't call me with Axo. So, either he has my kicker beat, he's got a KQ/QJ type hand and is semibluffing, KJ/AJ, or he's on a club draw. He probably doesn't CR a 75c type hand (or does he?) so if he has that it's probably a Q9 type hand (hopefully not QT but I don't see him playing it that strong here HU.)

So I call, we hit the turn and Strassa overbets. He can either overbet bluff or overbet the goods so that doesn't tell me much, but a few of those club draws have Q's in them.

Or, he could've turned a pair with his T9c. But I still fold. Barely.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:51 PM

ok, I decided to call your A5 or KJ.
I feel the only hands that you could have that beats me is AJ or Q 10, bc you would have r/r PF w/ AK or AA, KK or JJ.

If you got me crushed, watch out, b\c I got 1k left and I'm pissed. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I will push on your blinds till you crack.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:01 PM

The issue isnt am I ahead, its how often am I ahead. I think you're not beating my more than 2 out of 3 times so that makes it a call. That and the significant FU factor for putting me in this spot to begin with punk.