Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Play Strassa2

MTT $200 buy in Party.

You are dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the cutoff. Blinds are 50/100 and you have 4k. You open for 250, folds to Strassa2 who calls in the BB. He has 3k, and seems like he wants to play lots of flops and is aggressive but slightly fishy at times [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Flop: AKJ two clubs. Checked to you, you bet 300, Strassa2 makes it 800. What's your plan from here?

-Jason
Old 04-23-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Play Strassa2

[ QUOTE ]
MTT $200 buy in Party.

You are dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the cutoff. Blinds are 50/100 and you have 4k. You open for 250, folds to Strassa2 who calls in the BB. He has 3k, and seems like he wants to play lots of flops and is aggressive but slightly fishy at times [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. Flop: AKJ two clubs. Checked to you, you bet 300, Strassa2 makes it 800. What's your plan from here?

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

well, aggro + vodka +top pair + gutter = push to me right now

I'm sure I'd do something different and that I know who you are, of course.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:11 AM

Easy call here. You described yourself as "wants to play lots of flops and is aggressive"

First, hero knows that Strassa2 knows that hero will open with a good range of hands when opening from the CO and he would be more than willing to attempt to push hero off his hand with a CR.

Second, Pot is currently 1150 and hero has to call 500 offering him odds of 2.3:1. With a gut shot to broadway as well as a backdoor to the nut flush, and the possibility that his top pair is still good at least a call is in order.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:13 AM

I've heard that you are a str8 laces player. That you rarely bluff. If this is true, then I am very worried. However, I am a fish. I know that you should not be raising a hand that beats AT at this point, so I am gonna let you bet as long as you like. When you bet (or check) the river, I will value bet/raise you. I see no need to play back at you as I have you beat and you are most likely drawing to 3 outs (I have ten kicker which beats your 8 kicker.)

However, I'm slightly concerned that you might have a pretty hand like Q9clubed. This would give you 12 outs. If you didn't price yourself poorly on the turn, I would do it for you. Yes, I raise the turn, I think, if you try to price yourself well.

However, then I think back to posts you've made that encourage taking down pots early in hand. Combine that with your tendency not to bluff... Like I said, I am worried. But no, I do as I said earlier. I just can't believe you'd play a hand that beats AT like this.

CSC

CSC
Old 04-23-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that you are a str8 laces player.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Combine that with your tendency not to bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, my name is Jason, have we met?

-Jason
Old 04-23-2005, 04:22 AM

If I were me, and I am, I would just call here. Your range of hands is pretty broad, I'd give you credit for anything from pair and a straight draw, to a flush draw, to two pair. If the turn brings an ace or a queen I would come to life, but otherwise just simply check/call a reasonable bet on the turn and the river. The backdoor flush draw is just icing on the cake.

Or I could fold, because your fish ass flopped a straight with QT.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:22 AM

Oh yeah, why not include a range of hands here, because that seems important if you are talking about the odds I'm offering you on the turn right?
Old 04-23-2005, 04:24 AM

It's funny how well you can do absolutely shitfaced in tournaments.

Once I got drunk and signed up for a 5k HU though. My roommate was kind enough to unregister me for that.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that you are a str8 laces player.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Combine that with your tendency not to bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, my name is Jason, have we met?

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I am guessing that this means that what I have heard isn't true? <shrug> I've never seen you play, guy. From what I've read of your posts.... Ah whatever, I don't want to play your game anymore. Goodnight.

CSC
Old 04-23-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny how well you can do absolutely shitfaced in tournaments.

Once I got drunk and signed up for a 5k HU though. My roommate was kind enough to unregister me for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely true.

I final tabled 4 times in one night pretty much blasted out of my gourd on a Friday after I came home from the bar last month. One 1st, two 2nds and a 3rd.

I hardly remember playing the last two that night but I kept getting 'sup bros from folks the next few days who congratulated me on my play.

None were 5k HU battles thankfully. Or not.

Channel the inner drunk people.

[ QUOTE ]
TJ Cloutier: He was one of the greatest players of all time, Bill Smith was. He was the tightest player you'd ever played in your life when he was sober. And when he was halfway drunk, he was the best player I'd ever played with. But when he got past that halfway mark, he was the worst player I'd ever played. And you could always tell when he was past the halfway point because he started calling the flop. Say a flop came 7-4-10 -- he'd say, "21!" When he got up to take a walk, he would have a little hop in his step, a "git-up in his gittalong" we used to call it. And then you knew he was gone. You never worried about Bill when he was sober because you knew that he played A-B-C -- tight -- and you knew where he was all the time. The only time you worried about him was when he was about halfway drunk, and then he'd play all the way to "H." But he had such great timing on his hands when he was younger and wasn't drunk ... he'd make some fabulous plays, plays you couldn't believe. Bill was a truly great player.

[/ QUOTE ]