Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: study tips

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sometimes I just did things for seemingly no reason at all

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to pry, buuut...things like what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, sure. Ask a specific question. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'd have to through my notebook to give an example, which I don't have handy. But I know I used to do things like not bet a marginal hand on the river when my opponent has only called, b/c it seemed "obvious" to me that there was a good chance I was beaten. It seemed obvious, but I didn't really think it through. Now in many cases where I used to check, its obvious that the right play is to bet again.

I'll try to find a good example tomorrow.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: study tips

Man, this sounds exactly like how I used to be (probably am still, hopefully less so though).

I found that even though I had the bankroll for the limits I was playing, I wasn't comfortable risking the whole amount. Moving to a lower limit, I've found that I'm just way more fearless and able to play better. I've also chopped out most of the things I found tricky, and played some No limit style poker - either bet, or get out of the hand. For where I'm playing, it seems the aggressiveness is really paying off. I'm finding that I can look back (or during) at hands, and think about some of the trickier concepts from SSH and why they might be applied in this case. Posting a bit more on here (instead of lurking) is what I'm trying to start doing now, finding that it also helps me see what's going on.