Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Help me identify leaks before a level jump - Stats Posted

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but I don't think stats analysis are worth very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree, but unless he's sitting in abnormal games I think that blind stealing and defense could both use a little pick-me-up. those converge pretty quickly relative to something like winrate, IMO, and when it's that far off we can point him in the general direction. where he goes from there is the adventure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the blind play numbers are atrocious, can you link me to something that will get me started on the right track? I don't want to just start stabbing around in the dark.

G.S.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:57 PM

I highly recommend a stop-over in the world of 6-max. It will do wonders for your game.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:59 PM

Hey this page looks normal! I was about to redo the entire thread post by post too....
Old 04-18-2005, 03:59 PM

I wouldn't say atrocious - I was at around those percentages as I finished 1/2 full. 1/2 6max plus some 2/4 will get your feet wet in the area of blind stealing/defense, it's just the next step to take. good luck..
Old 04-18-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I highly recommend a stop-over in the world of 6-max. It will do wonders for your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking of moving to 2-4 also, and I agree with people saying to try 1-2 6 max first. I have been playing 6 max for about 2 months and I find it easier than 10 full. The swings suck, but it is profitable.

I have been playing for only about 4 months, and like you most of my money comes from bonuses, so I am a little skeptical about jumping too soon, do you think your ready for it. My bankroll is there, but mentally I cannot handle the down swings. What has been your biggest down swing? I just went thru a -200BB, and man it sucked. But I kept playing thru it, and now am feeling good about my play. I think a few downswings are important.

Curious to see some others advice, b/c I would like to try out 2-4

[/ QUOTE ]

I have officially decided to postpone the move until I feel ready in terms of confidence in my play and preparedness for the swings. I will be cashing out my BR down to 1k, and basically starting over while working on my play. 6 max seems to be the concesus SO... 1.) What adjustments do I need for 6 max? 2.) What kind of aggression should I be employing/expecting? 3.) Why does this step come so highly recommended in the move?

Thanks,
G.S.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:09 PM

From what I read (since I haven't played 2-4) is that you deal with more short handed situations. Playing 6 max gets you used to it. I also feel it helped out my aggression factor, which is also important. As you move up blind stealing b/c worth while.
Not to mention the play is pretty bad, and makes clearing bonuses a lot easier.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

P.S. - For some reason this picture is coming out really disporportioned, let me know how to clip it and I will edit it ASAP, it is a MS Paint SS cutout posted on photobucket.

Thanks guys,
G.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open up your image up in Paint. Then make a box using the Select pointer around the part you want to keep. Copy it. Then make a new image, make the image size small, and then paste. When you paste, Paint will ask if you want to enlarge the image, say yes. This is Paint's long and convuluted way of cropping [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If my directions weren't clear, feel free to use this (I did it for you, and will leave this image up for 6 hours for you to copy over to imagebucket)

http://www.rapptech.com/10000stats.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't let me edit after an allotted time. Thanks for the help though - you rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't need to edit your post, just replace the photobucket picture with the editted one (unless photobucket creates a unique URL each time... I'm not too familiar with it)
Old 04-18-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you pre-flop, which I am not overly concerned with right now as I multitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it better to play sub-optimally at many tables as opposed to playing sub-optimally at one table?

[/ QUOTE ]

More hands/hr. Even if optimal is 4BB/100 for you, if your "sub-optimal" game is getting you 3BB/100 playing at a single table, but your game further "suffers" from 3-tabling to where you only make 2BB/100, you double your $$/hr rate. I read a great article on this in the 2+2 magazine.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you pre-flop, which I am not overly concerned with right now as I multitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it better to play sub-optimally at many tables as opposed to playing sub-optimally at one table?

[/ QUOTE ]

More hands/hr. Even if optimal is 4BB/100 for you, if your "sub-optimal" game is getting you 3BB/100 playing at a single table, but your game further "suffers" from 3-tabling to where you only make 2BB/100, you double your $$/hr rate. I read a great article on this in the 2+2 magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that you should learn to play good poker, then inrease the number of tables you're playing.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read a great article on this in the 2+2 magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any article that says the path to optimal poker is not thinking is sub-great, in my opinion.