Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Help me identify leaks before a level jump - Stats Posted

finally hit my BR goal to jump up to the 2/4 tables. However, I do not want to make this move with any glaring leaks. I just took up limit poker seriously a couple months ago, and much of my BR has come from bonuses. I read in a post recently that at 2/4, your downswings reach a point where they are no longer covered by bonuses for the new player. I feel I am beating 1/2 at a reasonable rate, but not what I could be. These are the stats so far, the sample size is aroind 10k, which is not huge, but there are probably another 10k hands where I dind't have PT, they played out about the same in winnings.

Additional Stats: Folded to River Bet: 31%
Aggression Factor: 2.39

In my opinion, my three weakest areas are 1.) VP$IP 2.) Blind play 3.) Folded to River Bet, but I will let you guys elaborate. I would like to ask that if you comment on something, just to make this an informative post, try and back it up with some general advice for improvement or links to related posts. For example, I am positive my weak blind play will come up (actually it has imroved in the last 1k or so hands) so instead of saying "defend more" give examples, hand ranges for defending or link an article on blind defense, steals, etc.

P.S. - For some reason this picture is coming out really disporportioned, let me know how to clip it and I will edit it ASAP, it is a MS Paint SS cutout posted on photobucket.

Thanks guys,
G.S.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: Help me identify leaks before a level jump - Stats Posted

you are too tight preflop, and postflop

and prob running well too

moving levels is more about psychological factors than having a big enough bankroll .. its really a comfort level

the biggest reason ppl fail when they move up, is that that stakes and bigger losses intimidate them to the point where they can't play their normal game
Old 04-18-2005, 02:30 PM

I agree with you pre-flop, which I am not overly concerned with right now as I multitable. But what makes you say I am tight post-flop? AF 2.xx is pretty aggressive and I definately do not consider myself tight post flop. Care to elaborate?

G.S.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you pre-flop, which I am not overly concerned with right now as I multitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it better to play sub-optimally at many tables as opposed to playing sub-optimally at one table?
Old 04-18-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you pre-flop, which I am not overly concerned with right now as I multitable. But what makes you say I am tight post-flop? AF 2.xx is pretty aggressive and I definately do not consider myself tight post flop. Care to elaborate?

G.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

A W$SD of 59 is either a sign of running really good or folding too much postflop (you're folding too many winners).

Like bottomset said, you just seem too tight pre and postflop. That's all I can analyze from what you posted, but I don't think stats analysis are worth very much.

Rob
Old 04-18-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

G.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what multi-tabling has to do with finding +EV opportunities to play but anyway...

Your WtSD and W$SD numbers show that you may be folding too much post-flop and missing some opportunities to see a showdown profitably.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you pre-flop, which I am not overly concerned with right now as I multitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it better to play sub-optimally at many tables as opposed to playing sub-optimally at one table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would rather work on my post flop play before I start playing more hands that get me into tough post flop situations. Do you understand why?
Old 04-18-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

G.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what multi-tabling has to do with finding +EV opportunities to play but anyway...

Your WtSD and W$SD numbers show that you may be folding too much post-flop and missing some opportunities to see a showdown profitably.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that a "good range" for WSD was 28-32 (I am 30) and W$SD is 50-58 (I am 59)???
Old 04-18-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

G.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that a "good range" for WSD was 28-32 (I am 30) and W$SD is 50-58 (I am 59)???

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see that your W$SD is slightly outside the good range.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

G.S.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see that your W$SD is slightly outside the good range.

[/ QUOTE ]

W$SD is the times I won monet at SD right? How can it being a little higher than average be a bad thing?