Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: A UB tourney report

Nice.

I love UB too, gotta convince my bride to loosen the noose on Sundays, right now Sundays are verboteen and I miss all the biggies.

Gotta start the LL's again too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gathering up $$$ for the smaller WSOP events?

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 04-18-2005, 03:21 PM

mikey, if you have something you want to talk to me about, and not in the forums, just private message me on 2+2.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:22 PM

Nice finish Mike. your AT v QQ hand... it still constantly amazes me how badly people can play sometimes. He's probably still muttering to himself "An A always hits the flop when I have QQ"

Gavin
Old 04-18-2005, 03:22 PM

I watched the late stages of the trny MLG you played at a higher level than any player at what ever table the put you at.

I was rather upset at the lack of respect that the majority of railbirds where giving you while BBkings was still at your table. But once he was eliminated you where thier hero, lol.

Well only bad thing I can see from this is that you are no longer incognito at UB.

If you are on your game and get some chips, You are going to be a force at WSOP. Keep it up !!

Congrats again.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:26 PM

Nice finish and congratulations on the payday!

Watched you fade away into the sunset with grace on the PS 350k as well on the 88 vs. JJ hand. If you had that hand against me this weekend you would've crushed me!

I have yet to see any SnG or Sat for the 120k on UB. Anyone have a clue??
Old 04-18-2005, 03:30 PM

I agree preflop that he made an attrocious play. postflop, I don't need an A to make that raise, and if I don't have an A im folding. Its a pretty good bluff there I think given how fast ive been playing.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:30 PM

great job in the tourney, i got screwed over when AA got cracked by 66 but I like your stack accumulating ideas. It seems when I am a bit drunk and "loosen" up a bit is when I accumulate great sized stacks early on in tourneys. I also think I saw a hand later in the tourney where you raised with 72 or 82 from the button and elmimated one of the blinds when you hit two pair or trips and he hit his A. Later in the tourney, but still a great example of aggression and the payoffs it makes. This is very interesting and I really aprreciate these discussions because early chip accumulating is the ONLY part of MTT's I have been deeply concentrating on in the last 2 months, hell that's about the only part of any poker playing aspect that I have been worrying about in the last 2 months.

thanks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2005, 03:31 PM

You are a monster. Congrats.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think I saw a hand later in the tourney where you raised with 72 or 82 from the button and elmimated one of the blinds when you hit two pair or trips and he hit his A.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised the button with 72o, the short stacked BB did a stop n go on me. I flopped a pair of 2s though and his stack was too small to get me to fold. Turns out he flopped a pair of As but I turned a 7 to drop the hammer.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:37 PM

When you're LAGging it up early on (or at any point I suppose) what % of pots do you think you play? 25, 30, 50%... I mean, what are we talking here?

I'm not good at that style of play.