Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2003, 05:12 PM

Default Results, comments.

My opponent folded AK face up on the river, as if to say, see this hand is never good. After the turn, I was fairly confident that that was his holding, and I thought that if he didn't hit, he was going to fold on the river.

Even though I won this hand, I wasn't comfortable with my approach here. I think that semibluff checkraising either the turn, or flop would be better than betting out as I did. I suspect that this opponent might have bet the flop, but wouldn't bet the turn with and unimproved AK. Which meant that I would likely get two cards for the price of 1 small bet if I checked and called, but my chance to checkraise would have been on the flop. After I call the flop, and we check the turn through, I think that a bluff bet on the river would be much more likely to be called. I thought that I had too much hand, to fold, although, I barely had enough to call, so I decided I needed to make some kind of aggressive play in this spot.

Thanks for the responses,
Old 02-19-2003, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Results, comments.

Really surprised he laid AK down headsup. You must get some respect. I'll change my opinion to great bet and good read on your opponent.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:49 PM

"My opponent folded AK face up on the river"

Biggest mistake in poker, making bad folds on the river. Make a note of that, this guy just gave you a lisensce to steal.

Old 02-19-2003, 11:54 PM

I can't even imagine the amount of money I make in these spots at canterbury doing exactly what you just did.