Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Results

I'll finish reading the thread when I get some time, looks like a good discussion.

So I call the c/r and Villain turns over A5. Yep. Two pair. What a mighty strong hand.

2/4 is great.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Results

But he's got TOP KICKER [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I bet you filed that move away in your cannot make predictions on what he's doing, assume he's playing randomly compartment....
Old 03-21-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: 3-bet a river c/r?

I'm jamming this pot (flop) until I don't have the nuts anymore (turn) at which point I'm still jamming the pot until I face legitimate counter-agression (SB's "Look at me, I can gambool too" 3-bet on turn) at which point I'm calling down.

That last part is probably biased due to the c/r, but meh.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:21 PM

Calling is WEAK!

Flop is 3 flush? Yet SB is slowplaying his set?

I am 3 betting the river and probably thinking that SB has weaker flush or trip 8's with a marginal kicker, and is overplaying it since the 4th flush card didn't come.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:27 PM

i think i'd just call here, i think he has a boat just as often as he has a lower flush, making the 3-bet a bad play imo because a boat will cap it and that sucks. lower flush might cap too though. i dunno, i probably just call.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:28 PM

I like a call here as well.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:41 PM

More about this hand...

When you are at the river and 1st to act against someone who likes their hand, you have to consider these important factors:

1) Only bet if you intend on 3-betting. If you are looking to showdown then check/call since the villian will always bet his hand after you check. If you bet, he will call with worse hands and raise better hands so betting is always -EV. So you need a very strong hand to bet (since you have to 3-bet a raise). In this hand, the only hands strong enough to bet against Shadow are 88/TT/85/82/T8.

2) If your hand is too strong to check/call, you should check/raise. If you bet, you will get called by worse hands and raised by better hands (so you are in a win one bet/lose two bets situation). If you check/raise, a worse hand will almost always pay off but a better hand will have a harder time taking it to 3-bets then a better hand would have making it 2-bets had you lead out. So you are in a win two/lose two a good amount of the time. So in this hand, I would check/raise 55, 22 and the nut flush if I could hold it.

3) If your hand is merely good, you should check and call. So with a small flush or trips in this hand, you should check/call the river. Betting out does no good because you are again in a -EV spot.

Brad
Old 04-09-2005, 02:49 PM

I would really like this to go 3 bets on the river, but not 4. You both look like either you either slowplayed a flush, or hit trips on the turn, so maybe he think he has your 8 beat. Either way, based solely on the fact that you have to call a cap, and that would suck hard, I don't 3bet.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:54 PM

Three-betting the river would be spewing.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:11 PM

I dont understand how 3 betting river is spewing chips. After SB checks and calls 2 on flop, then bets out turn, vs 2 aggresors on the flop. I dont see how we can put him on a boat? It would make much more sense to put him on a weaker flush, and bets to see if some one infact did pair the board, or he just hit trips and is betting them to protect vs flush draw. IMO SB is in the perfect position to check/raise a boat and make a ton of money.