Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: First HH Post - kk (sorry)

I'd play it the same way. Good job. Don't know if it has been said but try not putting the results in your post. My guess is you're up against a weak ace, or lower PP.

Ben
Old 04-06-2005, 10:40 PM

I think you can fold this flop and kick the dog. You may be folding the best hand on occasion but not enough to make up for all the times you blow 2.5BB's to be shown the A or 3.

I know this is not a popular line but I think it's what I do.

Here's my reasoning....

You raised pf and you were bet into on a board that if anybody connected with you're drawing to 2 outs. Ax is so commonly played that against a field of four other players it's highly likely to be out there. At .50/1 they will not fold this hand to any amount of aggression. You will have to invest some BB's to make it to showdown only to be shown Ax or X3 a great majority of the time. Many of the times you will be rerasied by someone holding a 3 and not even get to showdown your hand. I'm surprised UTG+2 actually folded (it kind of hurts my argument here...). Usually a flop raise will make UTG+2 call you down with Ax.

If you put some other draws or live cards villian could be betting out there or some backdoor possibilities for yourself I'd like rasing this flop but not with this board.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:15 PM

really sorry this is off topic, but why shouldn't people put the results in the post? i've read that everywhere but never found out the reason. id rather have people put the results in, do some peoples' text not turn white or what? if you don't wanna know do't read it?

just curious, thanks
Old 04-06-2005, 11:19 PM

You don't put in results because, one, it may influence the reader's assessment of the play, and, b, it indicates results-oriented thinking, which isn't what you're going for, here (I know that's counter-intuitive, playing poker without caring about the results).

For similar reasons, you should cut off your history at the point where you have a question, i.e. if you're wondering what the "right" play is on the turn then edit out anything in the HH after the word "Hero" on the turn and replace it with "?".