Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 07:03 PM

Default First HH Post - kk (sorry)

I know you're probably all sick of KK HH's but just a quick check on how I played this. Flame away.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue">Pretty standard here, not much to see (hopefully?)</font>

Flop: (11 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue">The Ac hits and I have a feeling I'm toast. Should I have let this go here thinking I'm drawing to two outs?</font>

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue">Not really any choice here I guess, lead out the betting. Got UTG+2 to fold at least.</font>

River: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue"> Same again I guess. </font>

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Results in white:
<font color="white">Hero shows [ Kc, Kd ] two pairs, kings and threes.
MP1 shows [ As, 9h ] two pairs, aces and threes.</font>

Hints and/or suggestions? I have a lot of work to do on my game so anything is appreciated. (I also need to start commenting on other HH posts, been reading for sometime but never commented).
Old 04-06-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: First HH Post - kk (sorry)

I like the entire hand except the river. I'd just check it down. He'll probably only call with an ace.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:08 PM

Every time i use that line (and lose), I end up screaming at the monitor... 'F***ing Fish, HOW ABOUT LETTING ME KNOW WHEN I'M BEAT' [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
I don't mind that line at all, heck, he might even fold (chances of that happening (0.0001%) I'd check the river though. I've been working on my value betting, so i may be off there [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 07:56 PM

Has it ever happened that someone bet that flop and got a caller and neither one of them had an Ace? Looks to me like hero can fold the flop.

The second best strategy I can think of is to raise the flop as he did, hoping to freeze his opponents, which happened here. Then take a free card on the turn and make a crying call on the river that you can expect to lose 80% of the time.

What do you think about that?
Old 04-06-2005, 07:57 PM

check the river. other than that i think you did fine.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:01 PM

I like you line, I might be tempted to check through the river as only a better hand will call here most likely some Ax as he never raised to say he had a 3
Old 04-06-2005, 08:03 PM

I think you played this fine, although I would have checked through the river and taken a free showdown due to my turn bet.

Why do you think you played this badly?
Old 04-06-2005, 08:10 PM

Before reading results(!) I'd say you played it perfectly, or at least how I would have played it. (Can those possibly be the same?!?) You were aggressive after the flop, got the bettor to fold the turn. Not much you can do about the donks w/ Axo except make a note and carry on. You should make $$$ with this type of play in the long run.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:27 PM

Thanks for all the comments, good to see I played it pretty much right. I can see why the check on the river would be the right play there.

Good to see no one else is folding this flop, which, along with the river, was my only real concern.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:41 PM

You could have checked on the river, but other than that, I'd say you played what you had pretty much perfectly.