Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Floormen, managers, dealers: Want to be an expert witness? (long)

I don't believe you. The first thing they teach waitresses is to charge for everything. I just can't believe she'd "forget" to charge for something.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:21 PM

Default missing rake

I am a floor supervisor at a poker room that just opened. I know I have forgotten the rake and I know other dealers have forgotten the rake. This comes from all of our staff having less than 4 months experience. If I were in a established room with established dealers I doubt I would see a missed rake but follow a newbie dealer around for a couple weeks and you will. As a newbie I worried more about not exposing cards, reading the winning hand and pushing the pot to the right person, than the rake. IMHO dealing is alot harder to do than it seems from the other side of the table. Missing the rake 3 times at 5 in the morning doesnt sound strange to me for my dealers in my room but I sure it would get a dealer fired just about anywhere else.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:47 AM

Default Re: missing rake

I worked for quite possibly the greediest corporation in history while I was going through college, WAL-MART and even those cheap bastards wouldn't fire cashiers for being $3 short or over.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Missing the rake 3 times at 5 in the morning doesnt sound strange to me for my dealers in my room but I sure it would get a dealer fired just about anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

YTF admits he should be fired. The issue is whether he was stealing.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I worked for quite possibly the greediest corporation in history while I was going through college, WAL-MART and even those cheap bastards wouldn't fire cashiers for being $3 short or over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I worked for them for way too long... didn't even get written up for losing $80 somewhere. They don't even give a damn about $3.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:29 PM

Default You Got Bluffed......

"His tone then changed, and he triumphantly sprang his little trap: "What if I told you that we have you on videotape, NOT taking the rake on three separate hands? At 4:32 AM, 4:41 AM, and 4:53 AM? What would you say about that?" He asked it like he was daring me to deny it."
A common interogation technique is to lie to the person being interogated. Cops do this all the time... My first thought when I read his question was, 'the investigator is lying'. For pro dealers collecting the rake is automatic. It is like when you make a 800 mile drive you may not remember even time you change lanes but you did.

My response would have been:
"3 hands?! Bull****, I don't believe you".
Call his bluff. He then would try to cite this supposed videotape. Pull out a $100, slap it on the table, and I say . "I think your lying to me, lets bet on it. Get the tape(they would never show you a tape)"...

When you didn't dispute that you missed 3 rakes hands...you were SCREWED. Granted you were being unfairly accused and most HONEST people do not know how to react in those situations... But paid investigators don't care about finding truth...they care about making themselves look good...
Old 04-11-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: You Got Bluffed......

[ QUOTE ]
My response would have been:
"3 hands?! Bull****, I don't believe you".

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what? I'm starting to think that maybe it *is* a load of crap.

I wasn't going to bring this thread back up to the top, but since it's already here:

The hearing will be Thursday afternoon. The referee's decision will be sent via mail ASAP.

Anybody want to bet against me?
Old 04-11-2005, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what? I'm starting to think that maybe it *is* a load of crap.

I wasn't going to bring this thread back up to the top, but since it's already here:

The hearing will be Thursday afternoon. The referee's decision will be sent via mail ASAP.

Anybody want to bet against me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm figuring there is no tape.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:01 AM

I have played at the Grand for several years and Bobby has dealt literally thousands of hands to me. If you read this Bobby, I am David from Nashville...you might only recognize me by face, but that doesn't matter. With all the changes and poor, and I mean poor, decisions in the recent months at the Grand, I can believe anything. It used to be the best room in Tunica and now it is a distant third at best. You are an excellent dealer in my opinion, yet I don't know all the facts and what the other dealer or players said, but I would certainly ask to see a tape. Even though you do not want to work there, I would also want my name cleared of any alleged wrongdoing. Let us know the results. Are you dealing elsewhere? Good luck.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:45 AM

Thanks, David.

No, I'm not dealing anywhere else right now. Finding another job has been a lot tougher than I expected--and I imagine it's because of this smirch on my name.

If I win this hearing on Thursday, I plan on taking a victory lap through every poker room in Tunica, finding everyone I know, and spreading the word of my vindication.

Thanks again for the kind words.