Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Cashed in WPT event. They wont pay me!

It would seem a bit premature to post a message saying 'they won't pay me" when no one has specifically stated that you were being stiffed in your payout. I have been involved with Party Poker since its inception, in many capacities over the years, and while I have to say they do not always come prepared to deal with certain situations, they are certainly not interested in stiffing anyone.
Mike O'Malley, who is a PP consultant, and Mark Tenner of Card Player Cruises were the 2 point people on the cruise for making sure the payoffs were made and in what manner the players preferred payment. They were not the people responsible for making sure the transfers were made. What probably happened is that Mike submitted to transfers to Party Poker after talking to all the winners, and PP has not made the transfers as of yet. Trust me, everyone who placed in the $$ will be getting paid, but not in the timeframe promised it looks like. Is that right? Probably not, they should have told everyone that they would be paid in a "reasonable" amount of time. Reasonable to me would be within 24 hours, but Party does not function that fast sometimes. I am not trying to make excuses for them, when they have seemingly dropped the ball here...just trying to say what I know is fact and asking all to be patient, I am sure the money is forthcoming shortly.

IMO, after being on all 4 PPM over the years, this year's being the largest, that Party Poker came very ill prepared and had very poor planning in their upper management prior to the cruise. This large of an undertaking takes months of planning and communication, and from where I stood in the mix, this did not happen.

Other than this obvious misstep, I hope that everyone who participated in the PPMlV had a great time, were treated well, and would like to participate again in the future.
My wife and I were responsible for bringing on all the merchandise that Party Poker gave out, so I hope you at least enjoyed all the free schwag!

sweet_pig
Old 03-30-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe since he was told it would be there in a day and it's now four days. How would you feel if someone owed you 5k and was 4 days late? I guess you would just say "I'll get it when I get it"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what if your friend owed you $5 and he said he'd give you the money on tuesday, but you didn't end up seeing him on that day, would you call the police or badmouth him to all your friends?

[ QUOTE ]
It would seem a bit premature to post a message saying 'they won't pay me" when no one has specifically stated that you were being stiffed in your payout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh look at that, someone who thinks logically!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:15 PM

Sponger, although I do think the wording in the title was inaccurate, I don't thing comparing it to $5 your friend owes you is even remotely similar. First of all I know my friends and where they live (not that $5 is worth chasing them for) But for this guy to say it will be there in 1 days and four days later it's still not there I would be concerned to your talking about $5,000 here. If my friend owed me $5000 and said he would be there tomorrow and it was 4 days later without hearing for him you can bet I would be at his doorstep.

On the other hand, I think instead of the post I would have contacted Party Poker first to see what they had to say
Old 03-30-2005, 02:25 PM

It's not pretty freakin clear that he just needs to wait. The transfer should definitely have been done by now.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe since he was told it would be there in a day and it's now four days. How would you feel if someone owed you 5k and was 4 days late? I guess you would just say "I'll get it when I get it"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what if your friend owed you $5 and he said he'd give you the money on tuesday, but you didn't end up seeing him on that day, would you call the police or badmouth him to all your friends?

[ QUOTE ]
It would seem a bit premature to post a message saying 'they won't pay me" when no one has specifically stated that you were being stiffed in your payout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh look at that, someone who thinks logically!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the topic could have been named something a little less abrasive. But if I was out 5k I would think this would be a good place to ask others who might be out as well.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:55 PM

Hi,

I emailed the Customer support on Monday and they said it would be within a week.

It irks me they did this too. Its not like they brought at 7M on the boat with them to payout and have to redeposit it. Its sitting in an account out there somewhere.

Later,
MarkV.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, you got owned. You don't have his contact info? Hahahaha. I'm sorry, but you're screwed. You signed the paper. Hahahaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a major ass. Grow up. This is the last thing he wants to hear, cockbreath.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I may have been a bit intoxicated when I wrote that. My bad. Party's too big of a company to let something like this slide. You'll get the money one way or another.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:27 PM

I also wrote them on Monday and was told to wait a week.

I took $3k in cash and the remaining $2215 is supposed to be in my account.
Also, i should get an additional $200 for taking a down-grade in cabin...all the 'regular' rooms (whatever they were called) were taken and I had the option of paying an extra $1000 for an upgrade or receiving a $200 refund for a downgrade.

The $200 has not been paid yet either....and since I requested the downgraded cabin over a month before the cruise I don't think it is asking too much that that should be taken care of.
When I asked a party representative on the boat about it I was told it the $200 would be transferred into my account and maybe was already there.
Well, it still isn't.

The cruise was great fun....and I'm not worried about the money. But I am annoyed with how they are handling it as well as how they handled some of the information prior to the cruise.

Amusing sidenote - when I went to Mike O'Malley in the ship's library on Thursday to collect my money I just grabbed a form on the table and filled it out and gave it to him. They asked how much in cash (I wanted all of it...but agreed to just $3k since they seemed strapped for cash and I'm a nice guy) and they just gave it to me. They did not check ID or anything...and certainly didn't know who I was. I doubt he specifically remembered me by face coming up to him after getting knocked out and saying that I finished in 177th place.

One could VERY EASILY have just checked the results....walked in and said they were Joe Shmoe who finished in 112th place...and tried to collect. Of course, they wouldn't have known if that money had already been collected...or if they had chosen the name of someone whom Mike O'Malley might already have been familiar with...so the chances of it working weren't THAT high.

But I was just STUNNED that they didn't bother to check ID or anything before just giving me $3000. I'm also assuming I'm not the only one who they did not do even a routine ID check on.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:35 PM

Bob makes a good point. Very amateurish.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:45 PM

This is typical Party Poker customer service, or lack thereof. I am not pleased that the money wasn't in my account when promised. I probably would have grabbed more cash on the boat if I knew it would take a while. One thing that really bothers me is that Party Poker is aware of the promises made by Michael, yet they never bothered to let the players know of the delay. It's simple things like that that annoys me about Party Poker.