Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Cashed in WPT event. They wont pay me!

Hi all. I cashed on the cruise ship for about $10,400 and was promised on the friday after the tournament that a transfer of about $5,400 would be made to my Party Poker acct. I took 5,000 in cash. The guy with the laptop in the library of the ship who was paying everyone promised me that the transfer would be made that night. Now it is the Teusday after....4 days later? and still no transfer.... Are other people having the same problem? Should I contact CardPlayer, WPT, or Party Poker? Does anyone know the name of the guy with the laptop who was making all the payouts? His contact info would be appreciated? What irks me is that they made us sign papers that said "I have recieved this money on this date blah blah blah" And I said..."Shouldn't I not sign until I get the money?" He said.."Dont worry im making all the transfers tonight...." This was a flat out lie. Also, why was there not enough cash to pay the small winners in cash? OK I understand not being able to pay the 1.5 Mill and the 1.0 Mill etc etc in cash...but the small winners who won the 10K and 5K prizes should have been manageable. Or at the very least it should have been made clear that people were going to have to wait many days before they got paid because, at least in my experience, that is not standard operating procedure with tournament payouts.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Cashed in WPT event. They wont pay me!

Man, you got owned. You don't have his contact info? Hahahaha. I'm sorry, but you're screwed. You signed the paper. Hahahaha.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:37 AM

I have a similar situation to yours, but for a much smaller sum of money. I called up Party's customer service last night and they said to wait a week and it should appear. They apologized for it not being there, etc. The guy's name who paid you is Michael Malley or Mike O'Malley or something like that. Party's customer service line is 800-852-4719 (US/Can) in case you don't already have that. Let's hope they get us the money soon.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:40 AM

I don't think anyone has their tranfer yet. I was informed by CardPlayer cruises that they are waiting on party to finish the transfers and they should all be finished by tonight.
If you don't get it in a couple of days I would contact mark@cardplayercruises.com
Old 03-30-2005, 02:01 AM

Well then you have learned a valuable lesson... NEVER TRUST THE IRISH! Don't you listen to Duke Philips?
Old 03-30-2005, 04:27 AM

Hey, I also won the $10k. I opted for all of it to be transffered into my Party account and still havent got it.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:41 AM

Why make a post saying "they wont pay you" when its pretty freaking clear you just need to wait instead of making a stupid claim like that.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, you got owned. You don't have his contact info? Hahahaha. I'm sorry, but you're screwed. You signed the paper. Hahahaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a major ass. Grow up. This is the last thing he wants to hear, cockbreath.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:17 AM

me too. i'm not really worried though.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:45 AM

Maybe since he was told it would be there in a day and it's now four days. How would you feel if someone owed you 5k and was 4 days late? I guess you would just say "I'll get it when I get it"?