Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: How to play when you\'re not sure of outs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
4) Is the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] my savior for all this, or the card that has me cursing life?

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole hand plus this line makes me think you have too much monsters-under-the-bed syndrome. What's your Aggression factor curiously?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was listed last because it was my least concern. Trust me, I'm not backing off a SF because I've "only" got the ass-end of it. I haven't yet invested in PT but have used the evaluation version, so sample size is small, but my AF is fine, I can give specific values in a few months. I don't think I see monsters, but from the betting, I am thinking at least one of my top 2 questions is a "yes". Either I am behind, or I am winning and up against a higher flush draw. Ram and jam in either case? Pick one line and stick to it? I just feel like I was in No Man's Land. Damned if I do and damned if I don't. I think I was aggressive up to the river (Although I can't say I would have capped the turn given the chance) but backed off when the [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hit, more because of the callers than the SB.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: How to play when you\'re not sure of outs.

[ QUOTE ]
Either I am behind, or I am winning and up against a higher flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still monsters-under-the bed IMO. The chance there's a higher flush draw is like maybe 10% out there. Someone can calculate the chance that someone has a higher flush draw than you but it's not very high.

If someone does has a flush draw, they have 6 outs against you, which means you're still a huge favorite to win.

So my thinking is something more much simplified, I'm very certain I'm winning this hand right, I'm pretty sure I'm going to win this hand, there are players that are probably drawing dead against me in this hand, I'm ramming and jamming.