Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: SHould I fold??? Please read....

[ QUOTE ]
hi.

I played that hand maybe because of the frustration I felt after losing many huge good hands. Besides, GT+ was saying that the table was extremely loose and full of fish. I usually play tight aggressive aggressive. Well in fact not usually, my rating changed a week ago. from TPA TAA. That is my rating after 3500+ hands. I think that makes me the biggest loser rated stone killer at the party network. I will post more hands to see if you can help before I go bankrupt.

Thanks a lot..

[/ QUOTE ]

alright heres my harsh, i am drunk response

if you want to quit poker forever- keep playing hands liek this in "extremely loose" tables. if you want to keep playing and make money playing poker you should

a) realize that the implied odds of a hand like QT or even QTs is extremely small. even in limit which gives me value to non nut flushes, this hand has low value.

2) with QTo, you're hoping for what? 9Jx or KJx or a QTx flop for your hand to be in a dominant position. considering those hands will come once in probably 30, i think you're making this table as loose as it is. give me 2 other hands that you think are limping behind you, lets say for the sake of argument 56s and A9o. i literlaly just picked those off the top of my head. in pokerstove you would have a

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

789,554,304 games 3.365 secs 234,637,237 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 30.8341 % [ 00.31 00.00 ] { 65s }
Hand 2: 33.0992 % [ 00.33 00.00 ] { A9o }
Hand 3: 36.0667 % [ 00.36 00.00 ] { QTo }

36% chance of winning against hands i consider to be likely limpers.

i'm glad you play tight aggressive, but get tighter with hands liek these, and add more hands that will do well multiway, like Axs and 22-55.

and this whole " i called becuase i was on tilt" is probably teh worst excuse i've ever heard. if your play gets affected because you've lost x amount of money, stop after you've lost that amount of money. period. end of story. dont EVER make excuses because you were making plays based on your emotional state. that is by far the stupidest and worst thing i've ever heard and it makes me want to puke. play poker to win money, not get mad or happy

stealthcow-
Old 03-24-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your position isn't the greatest.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's on the button (because of folds). i like one-gappers because they make straights no one else can read. you can make a lot of money and won't lose as much if you play these hands right.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:28 PM

I was refering to preflop, he's in MP. He has no idea what the 4 players left to act are gonna do. Suited one-gappers are decent hands with position in a multi-way pot. Offsuit one-gappers from MP are marginal at best. Consider that you will only flop an OESD w/ connected cards 1 out of 12 times, playing unconnected cards your chances are obviously worse(I don't recall the exact number). Stacks would have to be very deep to give you the implied odds to make this profitable. JMO