Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: CHESS Match for cash

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah maybe players can keep that up for a few moves.
But I gave up chess on the internet a couple of years ago after I got totally addicted to bullet (1 min each). I would spend six or seven hours playing bad players trying to get my rating higher and often losing at the end because I wasn't fast enough or didn't have a good enough mouse. I don't think I ever managed more than about 80 moves in the minute. Anyway, it just ain't chess. Playing 5 minute games would have been a useful training tool and even with 2 minutes you can play good games but 1 minute is just a joke.
Much better to play poker online

[/ QUOTE ]
i see people say this a lot, its usually the players who cant keep up at 1 min. they usually say the best game is whatever game they are able to keep up with. 2 min players ridicule the 1 min game, 5 min players ridicule the 2min and 1 min games, 10 minutes players ridicule the 5 min,2min,and 1 min etc etc
btw, im not knocking you in any way [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
i happen to love 1 min, as anything longer seems like an eternity

[/ QUOTE ]

When I played chess regularly, the fastest time control I would play was 40/90, SD/1. (that's 40 moves in 90 minutes, complete the game within one more hour). With both players getting that much time, a game would usually last 2.5 to 4 hours.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:43 AM

i used to play 5 min games. long enough to play to a fairly high standard, fast enough that ability to think quickly is rewarded. to be honest i could not play well at all with much less time than that.

[edit] ohh, amost forgot: Ng4.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:21 PM

I loved playing 1 minute as well. That was my problem! It's just that it was useless for my chess, addictive and after about six hours play I was a nervous wreck. And it was only at the end where I was slow where I would lose games where I was half a chess set up with 10 seconds against 5 because my opponents clock never moved again. I don't know how these guys managed it.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:02 PM

Nd5
Old 03-16-2005, 02:31 PM

Nxd3.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, totally agree with you..Online I like 3/0( to avoid pesky cheaters) ...on real life I can play any timer really

[/ QUOTE ]
this reminds me of another thing i see people crying about online, cheaters.
i couldnt care less if somebody was using a prog against me, yet its apparently a big deal to most.
who gets hurt? oh boo hoo, my inaccurate online chess rating might go down. big deal!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 05:35 PM

Its soooooo fun to get destoryed at 10/5...I dont play online to play chessmaster...If you want to play against Fritz 8 fine with me, I want to play with ppl( even if they are much better than me theyre still humans who can make mistakes)...Ok we officially have a correspondence game going on here....PAWN takes Knight.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:17 PM

Bg5.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:52 PM

Hi,

You all need to wander over to FICS it's the best free chess server around, and thousands of players on there at all times, of all levels and abilities.

We are trying to get a TwoPlusTwo weekly chess tournament established over there, for poker players who enjoy chess, like me and you. Right now, I've announced a tentative schedule of 5pm EST on Sunday. My handle is LargeCents on there as well, so if you see me, give me a hollar!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:18 PM

Rae1 / QRK1