Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Did selection of Best Man and ushers cause any problems with frien

dude, I am in the exact same situation (it is kind of uncanny actually) and my fiance only has like 4 bridesmaids, so I couldn't realistically have more than 6 groomsmen. what I did was called the people who I didn't pick and explained the situation, and everyone totally understood and was cool with it. several of them thanked me for clarifying ahead of time.

they're guys, they don't care and will be totally cool with it, especially if you just explain the situation to them.

--paul
Old 03-16-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

better yet, have a poker tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's genius. really, i just may do that to decide things...
Old 03-16-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Did selection of Best Man and ushers cause any problems with friends?

I just got hitched this past November and both my wife and I had the same problem (too many *equal* family and friends made it tough to decide who was in and out of the wedding party). Our solution - stick with one best man and one (or two in her case) maid/matron.

It worked like a charm - no one was offended because we both only chose one person (instead of four or five); it was a heckuva lot cheaper for us (saved on gifts and rehearsal dinner); and everyone else just got to relax and enjoy the wedding without worrying about all the extra crap.

My suggestion - invite all your fam & friends (however many there may be) to the bachelor party, but for the wedding party stick with one each. If we had to do it all over again we would do it exactly the same way.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Did selection of Best Man and ushers cause any problems with friends?

When I got married, I was all set to have by brother as the best man, and then my 4 good friends as groomsmen. Then the wife tells me that I can only have 3 groomsmen because she only has 3 bridesmaids, and there is no way that she wants to ask anyone else to be in the wedding.

I ended up getting one of my friends to bring up the gifts at church (Catholic wedding). Anyway, he certainly didn't seem to mind at all, being that he is a man and not a little pussy.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did this create problems for anyone else in their wedding?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.