Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: GauchoGate: FINAL RESULTS

i agree...it sux real bad...i'm sorry it happened...it appears thanks to suited's technologically advanced ways i'm banished from this forum....

before this happened i made some good posts and gave some good advice...also received some...

this forum is about poker..and when you cross money and ethics and morals in there, it can screw it all up

wd
Old 03-15-2005, 11:10 AM

Wow! I missed the original Gaucho post and can't believe I just gave away 30 minutes of my life breezing through it out of morbid curiousity.

[ QUOTE ]
I have backing arrangements with several players. There is no contract. There doesn't need to be because I am not going to sue anybody. The agreement is clear to all gambler's with honor.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, this statement alone sums it up. Irie has profitable arrangements with several players that are apparently win/win scenarios for those with bankroll issues. However, the cost of doing business is that sometimes people don't pay their bills, i.e., in this case not all gambler's have honor (that shouldn't be a shock). GF clearly foots that bill. Irie has to write off a bad debt and we all get to know that GF = BT is a prick. End of story.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:40 AM

After reading 10,000 posts that contain only "push" or "fold PF", I have been extremely entertained by this saga and I'm sorry to see it end. I'm tempted to bankroll GF myself in order to create a sequel.

It was actually a good lesson in public debate. Irie made only 1 or 2 posts in the GF thread, and they contained no content whatsoever. He didn't argue or produce evidence. Instead, he stepped out of the way and let GF shoot himself in the foot with dozens of silly posts.

By the end of the thread, no one knew what we were arguing about, but we could all agree that GF was a donkey. If their styles had been reversed, I think that GF would have won in the court of public opinion, but we will never know.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is that i would play on a bankroll i have loaned to our CONTINUING PARTNERSHIP until 1. the roll is gone or 2. i have recovered the losses (your roll).

at that time i will then play 500 SNG's with this roll, as me and you had originally agreed, and upon conclusion of the 500th send you half of any profits and the roll if either of us decides to go a separate path (which seems likely).

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that the "BR loaned to the partnership" by Gaucho is adequate to withstand normal variance (equal to original backed BR), and Gaucho stands by this arrangement, this seems like a pretty fair comprimise to me. At least it's much better than the zero comprimise previously offered.

Regardless of the manner in which it was delivered, I'm surprised there has been no comment on this arrangement when there was so much discussion of potential acceptable arrangements in the previous thread. Maybe the speculation is that this agreement is an empty promise, but if Gaucho sticks by this I think its a decent comprimise and worth mentioning given the black eye Gaucho's received in this deal.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i'll be honest though, when i started winning again on my own it was a little releiving to know that my variance was likely done and i didn't pay for it...i know i'm gonna get killed for saying that but who among you would not feel (in some small way) a similar feeling

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was done with this for good, but this is just too much.

Relieved to have free-loaded off a person who placed his trust in you? Relieved that you could foist your losses on someone else with no recourse? Relieved that you could trade the respect and trust of Irie, along with every other serious player on this board for a measly few hundred dollars? I'm at a loss for words. This is truly disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it me or are there way too many sensitive GUYS in this forum? like freakin' Days Of Our Lives or something.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading 10,000 posts that contain only "push" or "fold PF", I have been extremely entertained by this saga and I'm sorry to see it end. I'm tempted to bankroll GF myself in order to create a sequel.

It was actually a good lesson in public debate. Irie made only 1 or 2 posts in the GF thread, and they contained no content whatsoever. He didn't argue or produce evidence. Instead, he stepped out of the way and let GF shoot himself in the foot with dozens of silly posts.

By the end of the thread, no one knew what we were arguing about, but we could all agree that GF was a donkey. If their styles had been reversed, I think that GF would have won in the court of public opinion, but we will never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

speak for yourself. not everybody is willing to hold Irie's hand on The Oprah Winfrey Show and offer tissue to wipe away the tears of disgust and pain. if you a man, get over it. i don't see a problem with Gaucho. i explained Gaucho's situation to some of my friends outside of poker and they did'nt see what all the fuss was about.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:10 AM

You're a good man.

And thorough.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 03-19-2005, 11:08 AM

Democracy can really sux dude, ppl like to agree with other ppl thats why they all hate you, its redicoulous that everybody has insulted you without knowing the agreements!, Irie isnt going to lose..everybody kisses his ass, this is just like 6th grade when it doesnt matter whats being discussed what it matters is WHO IS INVOLVED, maybe some agree with you and theyre scared to speak...WHY DO ON EARTH DO YOU HAVE TO PAY HIM BACK??????????HE BACKED YOU FOR SNG X, AND YOU LOST, NOW YOU WIN MONEY ON LEVEL Y AND YOU WON...IM WITH YOU.( now if you won money on level x youre a dirty pig)