Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2005, 08:07 PM

Default GauchoGate: FINAL RESULTS

Like everybody else, I am looking forward to this episode disappearing. Nevertheless, I thought some closure would be in order.

Much like the Scott Peterson, Jon Binet Ramsey, and Michael Jackson cases... nobody really gives a crap, but there's some morbid curiosity that causes us to leave the news on just a little longer than we would like to admit in hopes of finding out what the final result may be.

I will cut to the chase and keep this brief. But I will be thorough and say everything I need to so that I can refrain from responding any further to this matter.

I have backing arrangements with several players. There is no contract. There doesn't need to be because I am not going to sue anybody. The agreement is clear to all gambler's with honor.

The only people who know the facts are myself, and the players that I back. We are all in clear agreement with the exception of GauchoFish. All of my other backees responded to Gaucho's question the same way, and none of them feel like it is even a legitimate question.

GauchoFish is not the first backee to drop 20+ buy-ins after my initial investment. The other backee dipped into his own bankroll, played out of it, and is now back on track. We did not discuss the matter at the time, it was clear. I offered to put GF in contact with this player (warning him that the player may insult him), but GF did not respond to that offer.

I suggested that we agree on Eastbay's compromise. Eastbay is a neutral party who clearly has no favorable bias towards me (read his posts responding to mine.) GF declined. Here was Gaucho's suggestion copied and pasted from an email he sent me:

"I would be willing to put up half of a $500 stake as a loan from me to our partnership. If i win, i get the $250 back and we split the profit. If i lose, we both lose and we part ways. You put up the second $250 and now have a total of $750 invested."

So, his solution is that I give him more money. That's certainly not the most classless thing that anybody has ever said to me, but it's the most classless thing I can recall.

Additionally, 2 separate 2+2ers have PM'd me and told me that they played with GF at a limit higher than I was bankrolling him since our agreement started. PokerProphecy confirms that suggestion.

So, my horse is winning and I lost my full investment. No contract could have stopped that.

This incident has not changed the way I deal with people that I meet on 2+2.

Now, let's play poker.

Irieguy
Old 03-13-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: GauchoGate: FINAL RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
This incident has not changed the way I deal with people that I meet on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is good to hear. No matter what your business, or how you conduct yourself there are always those out there that try take advantage of others. I am glad to see you have not let one of those few bad people change your mind about the way you view others.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:59 PM

Writing up a contract for this situation wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. In the physical, real world, a face-to-face and a handshake should suffice, but in here you are dealing with text, avatars, and phone numbers... nothing more.

Be careful with your hard-earned cash. There are plenty of folks out here in the ether who do not share your ideal of the honorable gambler; rather, they see easy money. CAVEAT EMPTOR, and good luck!
Old 03-13-2005, 09:27 PM

It's kinda sick, but the same thing that compells me to turn my head towards a traffic accident makes me want to know what's going on in this GF situation.

SpentRent is right that you should use a contract, but I know it's not your style. Perhaps you'd consider something more along the lines of a handwritten IOU.

Steve
Old 03-15-2005, 03:20 AM

interesting, Craig, that you left out my second offer after you ignored this one, of not requiring you to commit any additional money.

i also find it funny that you left out of your post that you reluctanly accepted my compromise in your last email to me...the agreement that we have struck...that you did not include here, is that i would play on a bankroll i have loaned to our CONTINUING PARTNERSHIP until 1. the roll is gone or 2. i have recovered the losses (your roll).

at that time i will then play 500 SNG's with this roll, as me and you had originally agreed, and upon conclusion of the 500th send you half of any profits and the roll if either of us decides to go a separate path (which seems likely).

not that i care to squabble over what limits i am now playing, or have played...but why would it matter if i am now playing step 5's? i never had money problems, i thought it'd be cool to not sweat LOSING MY OWN MONEY, thats why i let you roll me.

until this pathetic attempt at face saving (unecessary in my opinion) i had a great deal of respect for you Craig, for the dignity and class you displayed to me before and during this incident.

for me to offer to stake myself to play for you given my position on this was a long step for me to take.

since you have responded to me this way...i would also like to bring the forums attention to another interesting fact....

I INVITE ALL OF YOU TO OPEN POKER PROPHECY AND VIEW IRIEGUY'S SPARKLING 25% ITM RECORD!!!!

wd
Old 03-15-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I INVITE ALL OF YOU TO OPEN POKER PROPHECY AND VIEW IRIEGUY'S SPARKLING 25% ITM RECORD!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

While yer at it, look at MY sparkling results as DarkStargasm.

Then look at my results as ILUV2PLYPOKA.

Same guy, different months.

Everyone has bad streaks, even you, obviously.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not that i care to squabble over what limits i am now playing, or have played...but why would it matter if i am now playing step 5's? i never had money problems, i thought it'd be cool to not sweat LOSING MY OWN MONEY, thats why i let you roll me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can not believe he just said that.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker prohecy is over-rated.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Back to this one...so you lost on purpose? Or did you suck from the beginning. Man that is low.

I seriously dont know where Irieguy found you, but I am sorry for him.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:34 AM

i just found it funny thats all...didn't say it was representative or anything like that...just funny

wd
Old 03-15-2005, 03:39 AM

i had a bad run...that happens in poker...its possible that subcousciously i was playing different, i wont deny that that is a POSSIBILITY...but man, if you could see the crazy string of beats that i had.

wd
Old 03-15-2005, 03:40 AM

...but man, I have had so many bad beats in one day that I have cried. Did you cry? I think not.