Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Popping your cherry, \'big-game\' style

yea, why would they play these tournaments? winner usually takes <1 mil. maybe for fame?
Old 03-02-2005, 10:40 PM

a) You don't get on TV for playing in cash games.
b) There's good side game action at the tournaments as well.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:32 AM

when they play no or pot limit the blinds are not 2k-4k they are 1k-2k usually with a 1k antee.
matty
Old 03-03-2005, 03:40 AM

I read the entire article, and Daniel ends up $484,000 for the time he was in CA. Even the night he was down 1.3 million, he ended up down far less. Don't get me wrong, I hate $100 swings, but he continues to appear to win.

I find Daniel's blog quite interesting. Don't know why, but I've been reading it every now and again since he started it. I find his candor "interesting" and boy, can you see his lifestyle changing just in the past year or so. Assistants flying in to pick up his car, last minute flights all around (I guess a $1500 flight doesn't meant that much when you won $484,000 the previous few days [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). I have found it enjoyable to see him kinda "grow up" in such an open and presumably honest way. A long way from living with "mommy."
Old 03-03-2005, 05:24 AM

Actually in that 4000-8000 game, it is limit, not no limit. They usually play a mix of games which sometimes includes pot limit omaha, but the blinds go down for that. Most of the time its limit holdem, 08 , stud/8 , stud and triple draw that they play, all limit. None of these guys have enough money to play 4000-8000 blinds no limit.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:31 AM

a) You don't get on TV for playing in cash games

Hmmm I feel an idea hatching in someones brain just about now...1 million $ buyin freezeout ....NBC still doesnt have any legit sports programming right?
Old 03-03-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually in that 4000-8000 game, it is limit, not no limit. They usually play a mix of games which sometimes includes pot limit omaha, but the blinds go down for that. Most of the time its limit holdem, 08 , stud/8 , stud and triple draw that they play, all limit. None of these guys have enough money to play 4000-8000 blinds no limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Daniel has mentioned more than once that they do play NLHE and NL 2-7, with a $100,000 cap per hand. Barry Greenstein has those games listed in the rotation on his website as well.