Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2002, 05:04 PM

Default Re: online 3/6 hand (any two can win)

You caught a nice sized one there but I'm afraid you're over the limit Michael and your bait has been deemed an environmental hazard by the EPA.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:54 PM

Default Re: online 3/6 hand (any two can win)

My dear friend, so many things I would like to touch upon, yet so little time as I must dash to my latest poker conference on variance plays.

Just a few things for you to consider, (i don't have the time to write it out neatly like your arguement to gain the respect of the readers, the text I write is enough) Do you honestly believe that 1 hand in a game "One hand is plenty of observation. " is enough to tell how a player plays? That alone is absurd, they may not have even played that 1 hand, that 1 hand may have been a variance play. 1 hand is ridiculous, for sure you never did basic statistics with your mathematics degree.

Secondly, unlike yourself I dont just read multiple books and take what the authors say as the holy word of god. Experience + speaking to better players has taught me a lot more than some book that is describing how to play against 11 players in ideal situations with unrealistic conditions.

Thirdly, regradless of whether the game is loose or tight, you can say its shorthanded becasue of that. If i said I played a full game with 3 people because it was loose people would laugh at me. Its stupid. 8 is not shorthanded becasue its tight.

"This is a huge advantage for you as you might take down the blinds or get heads up against a blind playing 32o or some such hand."

LOL, why would a BB call on 2-3? it is very unlikely with 8 players at a table for 4-6 to be any better than perhaps the worst hand out, you have no position for such a stupid raise especially if you are going to do it 50% of the time. Online, people do not play as you bleive they must just becasue it is in your holy book. A lot of players online bet on the river (inconsistently to the previous bettings of the same hand) to try and win the pot when they dont improve by river, if he had AA or KK why bet out? Stupid, what was wrong with check raising on turn and betting out on river for 1 extra BB?

There is so much to criticise about your arguement, however, I am sure that you are actually a very good player and are on purpose trying to agitate people here with your ridiculous remarks portrayed via a sensible and intelligent format. So I will leave it now, however, it was nice to see some naive people still believe that 3 bets is only done with group 1 hands. Alas, you have not played many games online.

[img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

For you Michael, the smilies like you.