Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Believed I played this AA very poorly

private joker:

I think you're missing my point.

[ QUOTE ]
When the flush draw gets multiway action, it makes money on the bets going in just like you do (at the expense of those calling with weaker made hands and weaker draws).

[/ QUOTE ]
Ed Miller
Old 02-20-2005, 08:33 PM

There is NO flop in the world, where if I have AA and someone bets into me I am not raising..... raise the flop,

Regards D
Old 02-20-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is NO flop in the world, where if I have AA and someone bets into me I am not raising..... raise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Hypothetical hand:

You have red AA on the button. 4 limpers to you, you raise, both blinds call, limpers all call. 7 to the flop for 14 small bets.

Flop is 9TJ, all spades. SB checks, BB bets, 4 limpers all call. Are you really raising this flop now? I hope not.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:55 PM

Fearing [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s is just silly. 5 cards are known and 2 of them are diamonds. The odds that someone has a diamond draw on this flop is low. The chance that someone has 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s is 110/(47*46) = .051. So the mean number of people that will have a flush draw of the 3 people in the pot is .151 and the chance that there is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw (at least one) out there is roughly 1 - e^-.151 ~= 14%. Worry about more important things then this.

Brad
Old 02-20-2005, 09:07 PM

Lol......No.. But you made your point [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img],

Regards D
Old 02-20-2005, 10:07 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

this really isn't a bad flop to slowplay. there are no straight draws, no overcards against you, 2 pair isn't possible. you're way ahead or way behind. I like calling the flop if you plan to raise any turn card. another advantage is you get information. if BB bets the turn and UTG raises you can be pretty sure you're behind, and possibly fold. you have to raise the turn though. charge single diamonds who will call you. if you get 3-bet, you can probably think about folding but probably have to call. if his opponent caught a 24-1 backdoor flush, it happens. it's not a reason to not raise the flop.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:26 AM

I was just going to suggest the same line. Call the flop, pop him on the turn, toss it if 3bet.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:45 AM

That's where my thought process was. I didn't put BB on a King...actually put him on a diamond draw..he was betting come hands very hard. I had full intentions of raising any turn if it was not a diamond....probably should have raised the diamond anyone, and I should have folded the river after LPP bet into me.

He had the Ad.