Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Bad play or bad luck? Three hand analysis within 8 hands of each o

[ QUOTE ]
The only problem I can see is that you bet with made draws on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree with this on hand 3. This is the foundation of weak-tight right there, and I have to admit, I've fallen into the same trap more often than not at 1/2 ring because bad suckouts have been hitting me. Seeing a backdoor flush as a draw and then meekly playing it when it runner runners is why you don't get the full value from hands. You play strongly when it makes sense, and as often as possible. This is an easy bet and call 1 back. Stop playing so goddamn meekly.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Bad play or bad luck? Three hand analysis within 8 hands of each other

This is good luck.

32sb preflop to your AA.
Back door straight chasers.
Back door flush chasers.

allow your bankroll to worry about the swings and be thankful when these situations arise.
+EV is always +EV, no matter what happens on the turn/river.

3 in a row sucks, but worse happens.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:07 PM

Noooooo. Bet those rivers. Yeah, the openlimp with KQo is just painful. I win AA almost 70% of the time so yeah, that sucks a little. But I don't know how your calculating your hitting a flush when you flop a 4 flush because just roughly guessing, the level of difference between your claimed results and the expected results is big. I think your calculating this wrong somewhere.

Just noticed you said four flush flops hit about 1/5 vs 1 in 1.9. Its not 1 in 1.9, its 1.9:1, which is 1/2.9.

Besides the bad limp in hand 2, these are not the type of hands you want to post. Just because you lose a hand does not mean you played it wrong!!! I bet if I looked at 20 hands you took a flop with in a row I would find multiple mistakes, even when you win. Try to find hands where the decisions were tough, not where you lost on the river.

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-20-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Bad play or bad luck? Three hand analysis within 8 hands of each other

I'm pretty sure that hands like #1 are the worst for the tilt factor. The ones where you get sucked out on, whatever. When you fully believe that your hand is good and that you are going to drag a huge pot only to see that someone with a monster underplayed his hand is the most frustrating thing imo. I just seem to goto into shock when it happens.

Brad
Old 02-20-2005, 05:26 PM

I'd rather raise the turn than the flop in hand 1.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:27 PM

When this happens to me live I am speechless for like the next 5 hands. I know exactly what you mean. You are mentally stacking your chips and whoops what happened here??

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-20-2005, 05:52 PM

I don't know much. But, I do know you are very LUCKY the guy with the 5's doesn't like to bet his sets.