Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Evaluate my 3-team parlay

[ QUOTE ]
when doing 3-5 team parlays you really one want one ML of +200 or more....having all moneylines is a bit risky....but if you decide to do it..decrease your bet..the increased odds will make up for it

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, I'm actually only betting $25, and the other $25 is for a friend of mine. We figured we'd make a smallish bet with a big payout, and since all three games are televised tonight we'll order some pizza, grab a 12-pack and make a night out of it.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:16 PM

OK. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The NBA ones are not coinflips. If they were, you would have seen huge money come in on the dogs. NBA closing lines are generally pretty sharp. The CBB one is closer to a toss-up, but seeing as how the line steamed to Cal, I doubt it.

Also just in general, if you do have an edge in a case like this, it would be something like 18-1 on a 16-1 shot or so. It is virtually impossible to get an edge as big as you described on NBA closing lines.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:23 PM

I don't think you have much of a chance but sounds like you're having fun and it's only going to set you back $25. Sounds like cool college evening. Good luck and hope your parlay has some hope on that last game.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:42 AM

So in the end I nailed the two that seemed more difficult (Dallas and UCLA), but was done before I started when Cleveland blew a late lead to Minnesota. Had LeBron not been missing for four minutes with the flu, maybe I win my ridiculous parlay. Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Had LeBron not been missing for four minutes with the flu, maybe I win my ridiculous parlay

[/ QUOTE ]

Good picks. Only bad thing about it was the parlay. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]