Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Pokerhost thread lock

Its really tough being ripped off. I've had much worse experiences than yours - in the tens of thousands (and with friends nonetheless), and I learned from my mistakes. I have many friends who lost hundreds of thousands in the great dot.com ripoff. It happens in life - and it sucks, but it teaches a lot about people.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its really tough being ripped off. I've had much worse experiences than yours - in the tens of thousands (and with friends nonetheless), and I learned from my mistakes. I have many friends who lost hundreds of thousands in the great dot.com ripoff. It happens in life - and it sucks, but it teaches a lot about people.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think you're possible helping trip rip people off here? How many people have you seen on here saying they got ripped off at any online poker site? How many have said they play at tonnes of different sites and have never had any problem? You need to realize the poker sites make a fortune off the games and there is very little overhead like a normal business. The real problem for internet players is collusion and that's where the real theft is taking place.

Obviously you don't look very closely into what people say and just take there word, which is why you keep getting ripped off. Con artists will tell you anything, right to your face and look you in the eye, which is why they are called cons. You have to look at things and open your eyes. Just to point out one of the many absurdities. He says lost 2 hands in a row to the same person and they found out
he was chip dumping. Have you played poker before? You've never lost 2 hands in a row to the same person? Some of the players here have never even once, playing 8 games at a time, hit the wrong button and made an atrocious
call with 8 high? This is just laughable as is the whole story.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly, if you don't know you're table in the first 5 to 7 hands you probably don't win much as a player anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, if you think "i'm a better player WITHOUT knowing the stats on my opponents than I am WITH knowing the stats" you probably don't win as much ANYWAY (without the 's' at the end).

I can't tell if you have some sort of moral issue with p-tracker...or if you don't like playing there because you are afraid of the others who have all this fancy-shmance data that you don't.

If it's the latter, then you are essentially saying that you don't play at party because the competition is too advanced there....which is kind of amusing.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
honestly, if you don't know you're table in the first 5 to 7 hands you probably don't win much as a player anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, if you think "i'm a better player WITHOUT knowing the stats on my opponents than I am WITH knowing the stats" you probably don't win as much ANYWAY (without the 's' at the end).

I can't tell if you have some sort of moral issue with p-tracker...or if you don't like playing there because you are afraid of the others who have all this fancy-shmance data that you don't.

If it's the latter, then you are essentially saying that you don't play at party because the competition is too advanced there....which is kind of amusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never used PT or any of that software (I'm considering it, but I play O8 most often and it seems that they are used mainly/exclusively for HE), but it seems to me that people don't necessarily use it just for knowing their opponents WHILE playing. It seems from what I've read that people find it very useful to figure out what table to sit at BEFORE playing. If they can see by the stats that the table is full of players with the profile they like, then they'll have a seat. Of course, PT et al., also help people study their own play.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:12 PM

Collusion is certainly one very common complaint. I ran into it right away and I've learned to stay clear of it. Very difficult to counter and very difficult to document and prove. A "managed deal" is another common complaint:

http://www.pokerplayerforums.com/for...ad.php?t=54489

I figure, winning and losing money is part of the game, and there are all ways to play the game. Tilt. As for me, I play it my way and I find that my way is fun for me. The way I look at it is that everyone has their own reasons for playing online poker. I have mine and I am sure you have yours - and they are not necessarily the same.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:47 AM

lol rivered perhaps you really ought to learn how to read before you open your trap.

you should also get a clue as to what COLLUSION is ya half wit.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:50 AM

i both play at and win at Party poker.

the reason i dislike it is because the 15/30 games are full of bunnyrabbits.

people dont' stay at the same table for more than like 5 hands, no game stays short handed, the only way to make money at party is to sit 3 to 4 tables ring game and frankly that bores the pis s outta me.

if you get off on the size of your db it's the best site you could ever hope for.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:01 AM

So playing 3-4 tables bores you, but playing 1 table doesnt??

Je ne comprende pas.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol rivered perhaps you really ought to learn how to read before you open your trap.

you should also get a clue as to what COLLUSION is ya half wit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe collusion could be defined as cheating with another player against other players than say dividing the money up later by, I don't know, transfering the money or chip dumping. Then running around to every forum on the internet pretending the first part doesn't exist.

But of course since you are an expert who plays for thousands of dollars every day, yet only has money in one poker site and not enough brains to transfer money to another player, though you transfer money every day, you tell me. I'm still curious how they found out you were dumping chips in 2 hands. Seems to me the only way that would happen is if 2 players were already suspected of colluding. But once again I'm just an idiot.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:25 AM

mostly moron, because you didn't bother to read the initial post.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1

it was two NL 50/100 hands, it was HU and there was never ever ever anything ever mentioned about collusion.

i'm pursuing other avenues, try not to be 5 days late to the party getting off the short bus next time rivered.

Additionally, I replied to your wonderful PM Rivered..enjoy the short bus it stops at your house everyday.

***UPDATE***

To this day Pokerhost has never given me an official response in writing as to the reason they walked off with 11 thousand of my dollars. Even when 'formally' requested through email.

Anyone playing at that POS site should seriously reconsider.