Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Pokerhost thread lock

it's fine that this thread

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...14&fpart=1

has been locked.

at least I can take some satisfaction that more people viewed that thread then the FAQ on the front page.

the issue will not be resolved in my mind until pokerhost replies with an official response to myself and johnnyonthespot for their actions.

I talked to joey on the phone last night and he requested formal emails be sent to him for any request involving my hand histories and reasons for their decision.

i have done so.

it comes down to this people, you have no voice when it comes to internet poker, you have no method of preventing or appealing any action that these off shore sites choose to employ.

you DO have a choice about where to play. If even 1/3 of you who read the posts on that albatros of a thread were considering pokerhost and now stay away, it served some sort of purpose.

later days-

TD

***edit*** since this will probably be my closing thoughts on this subject i'm adding just a bit more. Pokerhost never directly informed me of their decision , I had to find out from JoePOkers post here on these boards.

Pokerhost has STILL not sent me an official word. I have been consistent and forthwright from the beginning to the end of that thread. I feel i was done a great injustice. I am going to pursue other avenues for my further dealings concerning pokerhost.

the money is gone, it's really not even a concern any longer, my integrity and the fact that they are 'getting away' with this is.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Pokerhost thread lock

Why was the thread locked?
Old 02-15-2005, 03:22 PM

you DO have a choice about where to play. If even 1/3 of you who read the posts on that albatros of a thread were considering pokerhost and now stay away, it served some sort of purpose.

I'd never heard of them, now I play there full time.

Lori
Old 02-15-2005, 03:25 PM

I am putting my whole BR there tonight, long live pokerhost!!!
Brighter days are upon us!
~Justin
Old 02-15-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why was the thread locked?

[/ QUOTE ]

It had over 400 replies, which makes it hard for those who view the forum in threaded mode to navigate the forum (especially since the thread was always near the top).

All super-long threads get locked eventually, regardless of the content value.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the issues being discussed (although "new" information was drying up).

Feel free to continue the discussion in this thread (but only if you have something new or valuable to contribute). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2005, 03:54 PM

>at least I can take some satisfaction that more people >viewed that thread then the FAQ on the front page.

That it has.

>the issue will not be resolved in my mind until pokerhost >replies with an official response to myself and >johnnyonthespot for their actions.

Probably won't get one, but you are on firm ground. So far you have answered everyone's questions and have given plenty of evidence upon your behalf. Pokerhost has given none. If this was a fair "trial" you would easily win in any regulated jurisdiction.

>it comes down to this people, you have no voice when it >comes to internet poker, you have no method of preventing >or appealing any action that these off shore sites choose >to employ.

Right. And this is the primary reason I have refrained from depositing. The money can be taken or "lost" anywhere and there is absolutely no audit trail or evidence, and even if there was, who does a player appeal to? This forum? Forget it. Half will be with you and half against - and that's that. I hung jury. There is no way to prove anything - and no standard for "fairness". It really is a wild west saloon.

>you DO have a choice about where to play. If even 1/3 of >you who read the posts on that albatros of a thread were >considering pokerhost and now stay away, it served some >sort of purpose.

Well, out of curiosity, what sites do you recommend?

Good luck.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am putting my whole BR there tonight, long live pokerhost!!!
Brighter days are upon us!
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not so sure.

There appears to be two start up bonus [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Not quite sure how that works but,

[ QUOTE ]
PokerBucks are released into the player's real money account in $5 increments based on 50% of their rake contribution when playing at any limit or any real money table.

[/ QUOTE ]

One with 50% rakeback, which would be tolerable except I haven’t seen any games above $1/2. Although there is a $3/9NL game at the moment, but I don’t usually play NL.

[ QUOTE ]
25% Instant Cash Bonus up to $100. This is an initial deposit only bonus. You will have to .play 5 raked hands for every dollar deposited into your real money account at $0.50/$1 or higher tables prior to being able to withdraw.

[/ QUOTE ]

The second one seems to work out as 4c per hand; fairly dismal in comparison with other sites.

If I have got everything right, you’re better with the rakeback scheme if you intend playing higher than $2/4.

Might be worth it, if current reload bonuses dry up, or site traffic picks up.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Right. And this is the primary reason I have refrained from depositing. The money can be taken or "lost" anywhere and there is absolutely no audit trail or evidence, and even if there was, who does a player appeal to?

[/ QUOTE ]

there are two kinds of people playing online poker making up most of the population (I would suppose): consistent losers and consistent winners. winners make a small investment and then steadily win and steadily withdraw. they will cash out winnings soon after starting and be playing on won money. losers are going to lose what they have online anyway, no matter what (fraud or otherwise). if you're new to playing online you should deposit $500 and work your way up with that. say you want to build up a $10,000 bankroll to play 15-30--for every thousand you have in your part account also withdraw $1,000 (if you are at all worried).

I think if you know how to play the game just at low limits even and you assign any sort of reasonable probabilities to the possibility of, within 2 months, losing the $500 to fraud, and winning over, say, $1,000, no person with anything approaching any sort of rationality would refuse to play. if you're that scared that Party will steal your five hundred bucks the day after you sign up, and that would cause you to be unable to pay your rent, start with $100. same result. if you don't have $100 to risk, then you must not be a poker player anyway, and the conversation is moot.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd never heard of them, now I play there full time.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll only play there if I know for sure that they don't give back money they have confiscated from chip-dumping money-launderers, colluders and cheaters.

I want to know they take this stuff seriously.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:06 PM

Hey - can anyone recommend a good rakeback deal at PokerHost?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]