Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Party Poker\'s response to Poker Prophecy

[ QUOTE ]
I reckon we can all guess who this is:

Games played 17
Wins 7 (41.18%)
Losses 10 (58.82%)
Average value wagered $708.82
Players with better winning percentage 34532
Players with same winning percentage 0
Players with worse winning percentage 158765
$1000 Table: 7 wins / 5 losses
$10 Table: 0 wins / 5 losses
Player's recent performance No change

That performance on the $10 tables must really hurt.

(I'd post my stats, but they're too embarrassing)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah, this is Gigabet.

I did a search on him and myself. My info is wrong and understated (I'm a pro, honest, come on you gotta believe me).

Now, the real question is what is Gigabet doing trolling the $10's?

As for this program, is it that much different that PT plus Gametime plus? Especially for those that datamine?
Old 02-16-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, he's lowering his ITM to fool his pokerprophecy using opponents!

Seriously though, and from my own experience....

I'm guessing it is his girlfrined/wife/kid/nephew or some other person who occasionally plays a $10 tourney and uses his account.

If you looked at my Pokerprophecy stats you would see a few 5+1 tourneys (I know...) because my girlfiend occasionally plays a tourney. I instructed her to do this after I caught her playing Yahoo poker. No girl that I live with will be playing Yahoo poker for play money as long as I have something to say about it.

Over almost 100 5+1, she's had a positive ROI. Clearly my girlfriend is much better than Gigabet's at poker. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Regards
Brad S
Old 02-16-2005, 01:36 PM

EEK

It's not often that I prove myself wrong, but I have re-read that quote and there is one line which now jumps out at me:

At the outset let me explain to you that information procured from
PartyPoker through legitimate accounts which in turn are entitled to
receive any game records of their play <font color="red"> (as long as its for their
analysis/use)</font> is allowed.

That might be a bad sign as far as Party's policy regarding pokerprophecy. I suppose it doesn't follow from that necessarily that if gathered info is for others use, it is disallowed, but that seems likely.

Anyways, Party is going to do nothing to stop this and probably can do nothing to stop this.

Regards
Brad S
Old 02-16-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's either a g/f as Aleo suggested or he's simply blowing off steam. I vote for blowing off steam by going allin every hand.

Yugoslav
Old 02-16-2005, 01:55 PM

Those 10 dollar stts are alot harder than step 5s, alot of sitting around and ignoring what the other players are doing is a very key ingredient, i have surmised.

My tactics don't work, if I push in when they are bluffing, they still call! The nerve of them, to call the almight gigabet with K high. .....and rake in the chips.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyways, Party is going to do nothing to stop this and probably can do nothing to stop this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I agree with the first part, but trust me, they can stop it anytime they want. This is clear-cut copyright violation.

As for your belief that this will have no effect on the player pool, I truly hope you are right.

And as for my missing the obvious (in retrospect) joke, all I can say is [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

All the best,
AF
Old 02-16-2005, 02:59 PM

hopefully creator guy will read this;

poker prohecy is good, but it would be nice to also have a break down on positions, and perhaps even a roi, as opposed to itm. Like i looked up gramps on it, and he is 26.5% which by their standards shows him to be a player slightly below average. I think not!

David
Old 02-16-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is clear-cut copyright violation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. How do you figure this?
It's probably a license viloation of the Party terms of use or whatever, but not a copyright violation.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those 10 dollar stts are alot harder than step 5s, alot of sitting around and ignoring what the other players are doing is a very key ingredient, i have surmised.

My tactics don't work, if I push in when they are bluffing, they still call! The nerve of them, to call the almight gigabet with K high. .....and rake in the chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

solid ... LMAO! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2005, 03:39 PM

Hello,

Atticus, think about it in terms of ESPN or the USA Today. I don't think I will ever change your mind, but we are essentially a reporting service.

Also I would like to add 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and ROI as suggested, but this creates the need for about 30 more computers and 100 times the complexity. We just now (literally today) doubled our data collection computers to improve Version 1.0.

The statistics you would like will be in Version 3.0, but that won't be out for at least another year. It will require us to have a window open for every SNG table with 3 or less players and to stay there for 5-10 minutes. Which isn't the end of the world to do, but we want to make sure we get what were doing now perfected before we even think about this. Version 1 and 2 will always be included in the original membership, but I would imagine there will be an upgrade charge for those that wish to get Version 3.