Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Top 2 pair re raised?!?!?!

I think that a 3-raise or a push is really your only option. This is a very draw heavy board and there are a LOT of possible turn cards that either make it difficult for you to want to put another penny in the pot, or at the very least could kill your action.

Depending on your read of the villain's play, he could be tricky and making this play with AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] QT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or something like that. Personally, I would push and if you run into 88, that sucks.

Also, I take it that you're UTG? Then I fold pre-flop. Personally, I might play a little too tight pre-flop, but I generally fold KJo in any position.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Top 2 pair re raised?!?!?!

Just to go over what has already been posted.
I would fold KJ under the the gun, this is a difficult hand to play out of position and can't stand a raise well either.
On the flop when you lead out thats fine, but a checkraise is not a bad play either. Anyhow, since you led out, and get raised you are up against a very small grouping off hands.

9T, QT, KQ, KJ, 88, AcJc, AcXc

Thats the primary hand range I would put button on.
Once you are raised, push looks good to me as the board is extremely draw heavy, and you also will have some dead money in the pot to cushion your odds if you get all in.