Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Scratch off ticket theory.

What a great father!! I hope I can pass along such great character to my son!
Old 02-10-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About 10 years ago, Topps stickers -- baseball stickers -- ran a promo wherein if you collected 5 inserts, you got a free set of that year's baseball cards. My father, a gadgethound, took a micrometer into a local store with me and we measured boxes full of packs.

I ended up with multiples of every foil (which had exceptional trade value) and 9 inserts -- from about 40 packs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, above in response to this crap.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
topps used to have a free winner gold set about 14? years ago or so...you had to scratch off the right positions on a card. You could hold a penlight under the card and see which ones won, so you always got a set. Needless to say, I have a lot of those cards...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

I did the same exact thing. 1992 Topps. I think on the second reprint of these they greyed out the backs of the cards. I remember because I got a box of them for my birthday and I remember opening them only to see the trick didnt work anymore. I actually tried the real way and went 0/36. I had a gazillion of those "winner" cards as well. Every pack I got was like buying 2 packs. I remember once or twice I actually screwed up and I was legitamitely angry at myself.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
topps used to have a free winner gold set about 14? years ago or so...you had to scratch off the right positions on a card. You could hold a penlight under the card and see which ones won, so you always got a set. Needless to say, I have a lot of those cards... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what a flashback! My friend and I used to do that. Even at 10 years old I was a bonus whore.

Are those cards worth anything, btw? Either way, good times...