Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: AA

i think this is a clear re-raise
Old 02-09-2005, 05:49 PM

What happened to just call the turn and call the river?

Seems like a far superior line given the range of hands that would 3 bet or fold to a raise.

If your opponent is bluffing call the turn and let him bluff the river. If he has the flush/strait you get away cheap.

What are the merits of a turn raise? Our hero has no redraw and no chance against a 3 bet. If our opponent has less thana flush he may fold the turn and definatly won't call the river.

If Hero has the Ah, raising the turn is clearly right b/c of his redraw ability. In that situation I would advocate checking behind on the river unimproved.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:09 PM

Raising gives lone hearts incorrect odds to call and protects your hand.

It may even get you a free showdown on a scary river card.

-d
Old 02-09-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this is a clear re-raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's impossible. There has to be a raise first.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:48 PM

Doesn't raising the turn give a lone heart behind you 9.5:2 odds?So he should call??
Old 02-09-2005, 07:00 PM

A raise won't knock out a high lone heart, only low ones and theres no guarantee of that either. The far bigger concern in the sb betting into you. How likely are you be 3 bet or bet into on the river? Both reasonable plays w/a low flush.

The other problem facing our hero is that if he does have the best hand and sb does not have a flush, one of the other players yet to act behind him may. I'd rather have a raise behind me than getting 3 bet and foced to fold w/the 2 bbs I already put in there.

If neither of the 2 players behind you has a flush or flush draw, they may just call. Sure its better for you if they fold but given the way the board looks, they either have a draw that's strong enough to stay in if you raise or a draw that they shoulda be folded anyway.

The only thing I'd be worried about by calling would be a strait draw but given the likelyhood of hands being held that contain a 6 or 2 that did not complete a strait already, its unlikely someone is still drawing to it.