Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Results

I called the guy down and my hand was good. I did not get to see his hand.
Does anyone think 3 betting the turn is better than calling because he may fold 77?
Old 02-06-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: 30/60 5 handed 34o

Hmm I think fold most likely, seems like you are drawing real bad when beat (and beat most of the time in a less than huge pot).

U may want to check the turn if u can't call a checkraise and fear one.

lightning out
Old 02-06-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since you said you really cannot read exactly how fishy he is, just that he is bad, I think your assumption is bit of a stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't think that bad players in general call the flop and then raise the turn with top pair type hands in general. They play those sorts of hands much more straight forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you are saying now. I think I was thinking too much into it, or not thinking deeply enough so I missed it. Really quite simple...He plays straight forward.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive noticed what happens with bad players is they play with some element of randomness. they just dont have any solid fundamental footing in the game. they raise sometimes and just call other times. they let their mood, how theyve been running, all sorts of things dictate their plays. they arent completely random, but they are very loose and the higher the limits the more likely they are to have random spurts of aggression that are hard to track, hard to make sense of. i think this is one of those cases. for whatever strange reason this guy flat called the flop here with his K5 or AK or whatever and now that he's made trips he's still not thinking about what you could have, he is just saying "duh ma, me make three of a kind on the tern there!" as he clicks the raise button.

ironically this randomness makes them actually a little better at limit hold em, a little less easy to read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of this. Most bad players really do have a lot of random stuff thrown into their play. But I think a hand like top pair on the flop overrides the random circuit a vast majority of the time.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:26 AM

Default call

callldown
Old 02-07-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Results

No. One would think he's calling down here with any pocket pair.

I also don't like the 3-bet because his most likely hand is a heart draw and he stands a chance to beat you even if he misses the flush.