Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: 40-80 QQ hand

checkraise the flop. from the posts ive seen noone gave the reasoning for why checkraising is better than calling. mainly, if you checkraise, and other players call your raise, you can be certain an ace is out there. if you merely call you have no idea where you stand in relation to the other players. personally, i think leading this flop is the correct approach, but after checking i would raise clarks bet. i would then check-fold the turn unimproved. this may sound weak to the players here but i dont think that it is. i would be very surprised to see clark bet down an inferior hand after you have checkraised the flop. you have clearly indicated that you are going to the showdown and want to check-call down to prevent being raised. if he bets then hes gotta have you beat.

you can debate just calling this flop, but it depends on the abilities of the other players. for instance, they would need to be the type of players that if they bet on one of the proceding streets, you can safely fold. they also need to be the type of players that clark will not bet the turn if he does not have an ace. if those scenarios hold true then i believe calling is the appropriate option.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:05 AM

hi clark

fold.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:38 AM

I think SB gives away too much information by capping preflop and checking the Ace high flop. Highly doubtful SB plays AK this way. Maybe slopwplaying AA. If SB checkraises he is announcing "I have TT, JJ or QQ". Its Doubtful he would 4-bet TT or JJ so now he's saying "I have QQ". If I was SB, I would lead the flop 100% of the time. If I inadvertently checked the flop somehow there is no way I would fold to a button bet from Clark. Checkraising would be like whispering in his ear I have QQ, that wouldn't be good either. I would just call, if anybody else calls check fold the turn. If its heads up by the turn, I'm afraid I pay you off more often than not (I would be shocked and amazed to find out I was drawing dead though).

If I lead the flop and get any callers, I think I check fold the turn.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

CO open raises, Clark 3-bets from the button, you 4-bet from the SB with red QQ. Fishy BB calls, CO calls, Clark calls [with AA].

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok,

Why in the world would you only call preflop with AA in a four way pot?

- Andrew

www.pokerstove.com
Old 02-04-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Results

haha, now post the real results. TT, right?
Old 02-04-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's see, I have an excellent player in this hand (clarky) who has position on me and who knows me pretty well. If I 4 bet from the sb I have SCREAMED big hand over the loudspeaker.

[/ QUOTE ]
And what does it say if you call 3 cold from the SB against an excellent player who knows you well and has position on you?
Old 02-04-2005, 02:17 AM

How did you know he had QQ? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2005, 04:04 AM

I am junking almost without thought, except for the swearing I'm doing under my breath. 17-1...pretty good pot odds for anything, but this is limit and I am not taking off another card. Even if Clark doesn't have an A, I truly would believe that one of the others did. I think that from what I gather from the reads this is the +EV play. Do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2005, 03:50 PM

If I have the Q of clubs, suddenly I have about 4 calculated outs and odds to call, but instead I raise push others out, but with red Qs I still fold.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not capping PF is Horrible, with a capital H.

REALLY? Let's see, I have an excellent player in this hand (clarky) who has position on me and who knows me pretty well. If I 4 bet from the sb I have SCREAMED big hand over the loudspeaker. I also have 2 other players in this hand who appear to be quite loose at best and moronic at worst. I'm sorry, but I fail to see how QQ is a raise preflop here. Now, if I am fortunate enough to flop a set or the board is J high, I make lots more money postflop by the minions in this pot than I do by shagging an extra bet preflop.

LGPG,

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bad players are the reason you raise. If it's heads up with Clark, you make some valid points; however, giving up the equity from the bad players is just wrong in my opinion.