Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Results

CO showed KK and took it down. i guess a reraise preflop would have given me a little more information. this is the normal amount i bet on the flop and turn when i have tptk, or even two pair and the opponent just calls and the board isnt too scary...that's why i asked about the betting amounts. if it did seem like i induced a bluff, i have to call any reasonable amount, right?
perhaps a better play would be to throw out a blocking bet on the river and fold to a raise? i don't think NL25 players are tricky enough to raise me on a bluff in that situation.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:26 AM

Default Re: AK on a paired board

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say a weak King hand or maybe even an underpair is a likely holding for Villain. I'd say you're ahead more than 50% of the time. I don't see Villain making a raise with a hand that contains an 8 other than A8s, since he can't expect a min-raise to make people fold. I think you're up against QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
This it the classic MO of putting villain on a hand you can beat and then playing as if you are ahead. I think betting out at the preflop raiser here is pretty bad. When someone bets out at me as the preflop raiser, I immediately know that they have top pair. Maybe once or twice I have seen someone make that (good) play with a set. So I just call with an overpair and fold if I can't beat top pair. There is no way to make a mistake if your opponent will do that for you. I think this guy probably has aces or kings and he should have bet bigger on the river.