Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Multi Table Internet Poker....Profitable?

People differ in their ability to keep up with things. I don't usually play more than 3 full tables. I have played 4, but I find that my play suffers enough that 4 is less profitable than 3. Playing 3 tables, most of the time I am only involved in 1 hand, except for folding preflop. Of course once in awhile I will get playable hands on all 3, which makes it a bit of a challenge to keep up. I don't use any software aids. My mind is able to handle 3 tables and not get confused about who the solid players are and who the fish are, and I can remember the prior action on 2 or 3. The fact that I can't handle more than 3 tables doesn't mean that others can't. I find that playing 2 or 3 tables keeps me busy enough, and that good hands come up frequently enough, that I'm less often tempted to play marginal preflop hands than I would be if I played only 1.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:40 PM

In my case there is no doubt I don't play 4 tables as well as I could play 1. But I think my winrate at 1 table would be maybe 3BB/100 hands or $54/hr assuming 60 hands in an hour. When I play 4 tables it drops to 2 BB/100 hands which is far worse per 100 hands, but since I get 4 times as many hands in an hour leaves me $144 / hr.

But I'm in awe of the guys playing 8 tables, I think that is beyond me. We all have our limitations.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:18 AM

How do u even play more than 4 on PP....I get a message that says I am on a max of 4 tables.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do u even play more than 4 on PP....I get a message that says I am on a max of 4 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play two skins (i.e. Party and Empire) at the same time. 4 tables per skin.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:23 AM

It's the same as anything else - it takes practice. The mroe comfortable you are with your game, the more tables you can play. Oh, monitor size helps too - I was 4-tabling full games ona 1024X768, and it was doable but not ideal. I'm learning shorthanded now so I'm sticking to 2 tables, although i plan on moving to 3 when I am ready.