Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Bluff and tell?

haha...i like the bluff say you're gonna show and then not...In my opinion anything to get a player on tilt. You just have to be careful the next time you bluff, cause the guy will be gunning for you and will call you down with very marginal hands.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:24 AM

tell him youll show him either way
Old 01-28-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"sorry, it's just automatic to throw them in, I had ________ " insert good hand and include suits. Makes it sound honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

When making up hands, how many times have you been busted when you name a card that was in someone elses hand?
Old 01-28-2005, 10:43 AM

I like to tell people who ask questions like that, "You have to pay up to see it." Theres no duplicity and its simple. When you start getting into the mind games I find it slows down the game and gets the rest of the table curious. This can get you in trouble when you are playing a NL game and there are still too more cards to come....
Old 01-28-2005, 11:49 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't know if this is a joke, but if it isn't its stupid and shows a pretty glaring misunderstanding of the point of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geesh, doesn't anyone understand what a [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] means?!?

-Mike
Old 01-28-2005, 12:01 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would smile and still say no.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ask becuse it really threw me off. I started to think he was looking for tells in my answer. I belived two things: if I say "yes" he'll think I'm bluffing, If I say "no" he might call to see my cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, my serious answer is to say, "Sorry, if you want to see my hand, you have to pay for it". Every single time. When someone asks that question, they're looking for some hint that you're bluffing or that you've got the goods. If you're consistent, and don't betray anything by body language or tone of voice, they'll still have to guess. If you try to manipulate them into doing what you want them to do, I think you're more likely to give that away.

-Mike
Old 01-28-2005, 01:13 PM

If I say I am going to show, then I show. By being dishonest the rest of the table will not respect you. That is not to say you can't say "no I won't show" Everybody plays different, I like to keep the game light and friendly to give the impression that I am somehow on my opponants side meanwhile I am steamrolling them.

/s
Old 01-28-2005, 01:17 PM

This situation doesn't happen that often. Once or twice an opponent has said, "no you didn't, I had the card". I just say something like, "someone always says that."
Old 01-28-2005, 07:24 PM

I like to keep the game freindly myself. If you say you will then dont show they may be less likely to play against you which you probably dont want. I think I would say sorry, I never show unless I have to. The "you'll have to pay to see em" is too confronational for my table image.