Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Tooooooooooooooonica update please!

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Ivey can which is precisely why he is called the Tiger Woods of Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is the Vijay Singh of poker? Phil Mickelson? More importantly, who is the Mike Matusow of golf???
Old 01-25-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can't really compare that poker table to golf, since in the game of golf it is clear-cut that one is better than others, evident by Tiger's talent and wins. There is no one in poker that can dominate like Tiger.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Get real. He's called the Tiger Woods of poker cause he's good and he's black.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:22 PM

Vijay - That Kumar guy from WPT
Mickelson - TJ Cloutier maybe?
Matusow of golf - Shooter McGavin
Old 01-25-2005, 11:33 PM

that's hilarious
Old 01-26-2005, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can't really compare that poker table to golf, since in the game of golf it is clear-cut that one is better than others, evident by Tiger's talent and wins. There is no one in poker that can dominate like Tiger.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Get real. He's called the Tiger Woods of poker cause he's good and he's black.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with this too. They just labelled him the Tiger Woods of poker becaue he was a rising upcoming star who happens to be black just like Tiger.
Phil Ivey has even admitted he's not the Tiger Woods of poker because Tiger is the best in his game.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
since in the game of golf it is clear-cut that one is better than others, evident by Tiger's talent and wins. There is no one in poker that can dominate like Tiger. And I doubt there will be anyone who really dominates year in and year out because of the luck factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, your information is about 3 years out-of-date (although Tiger won this week). Know any golfers from Fiji?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is my info out of my date? Tiger had one off year last year. how many off years did a Fiji arrogant bastard have? i would say the first 25+ years of his life. This isn't a golf discussion, but Vijay plays in more events, with crappier fields, and wins them as he should. Who has more majors and tournaments wins? C'mon. Vijay isn't better than Tiger. Give it a couple more years when Vijay can win 4 majors in a row then we'll talk.
And back to the poker persective, there won't be someone like Tiger in poker. Not even if Phil Ivey is called the Tiger Woods of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the last two years, Vijay has been better than Tiger. Vijay is better than Tiger right now. To argue otherwise is to show your lack of understanding of golf. This is not to say that Tiger can't surpass Vijay this year. Anyway, this isn't a golf forum, so I won't pursue this argument further.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Mike Matasow of Golf

Maybe Lanny Wadkins back when he was a hot head....don't know of any coke-head golfers.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I surely think that has something to do with it BUT Phil is considered one of the best if not THE best by most. Also his intensity is unmatched. so they say anyway
Old 01-26-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
since in the game of golf it is clear-cut that one is better than others, evident by Tiger's talent and wins. There is no one in poker that can dominate like Tiger. And I doubt there will be anyone who really dominates year in and year out because of the luck factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, your information is about 3 years out-of-date (although Tiger won this week). Know any golfers from Fiji?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is my info out of my date? Tiger had one off year last year. how many off years did a Fiji arrogant bastard have? i would say the first 25+ years of his life. This isn't a golf discussion, but Vijay plays in more events, with crappier fields, and wins them as he should. Who has more majors and tournaments wins? C'mon. Vijay isn't better than Tiger. Give it a couple more years when Vijay can win 4 majors in a row then we'll talk.
And back to the poker persective, there won't be someone like Tiger in poker. Not even if Phil Ivey is called the Tiger Woods of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the last two years, Vijay has been better than Tiger. Vijay is better than Tiger right now. To argue otherwise is to show your lack of understanding of golf. This is not to say that Tiger can't surpass Vijay this year. Anyway, this isn't a golf forum, so I won't pursue this argument further.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have any understanding of golf? Who are you? Are you a commentator for CBS golf? Do I know you? Do you know me? NO you don't. Get off of me. In 1999 Tiger won one assy tournament. Are you claiming that Mark O' Meara is better than him? OVERALL Tiger is better than Vijay. If you put Tiger in a heads-up match play event he's going to win 70% of the time. End of story.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Update On Who\'s Still Alive In The Tourney?

After Day 2