Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Tooooooooooooooonica update please!

I looked on Cardplayer and didn't see anything. Does anyone know how the 10,000 WPO tourney is going?

I was also curious about how many people entered.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Tooooooooooooooonica update please!

I was down there on Saturday and just about everyone I've seen or heard of was there. I had a friend with me that was in awe from seeing various pros in the 3000 NLHE tourney. Then I pinted out a small lil cash game that was going on.

Doyle Brunson
Phil Ivey
Sam Farha
Gus Hanson
Chau Giang
Two guys I didn't know.

Anyway it seemed the majority of em had near a half million sitting on the table.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:30 PM

Last night when I left there were only 380 or so. There was still 8 hours to sign up. The 2 you didn't recognise I'm guessing were Bobby Baldwin (Tall with curly hair and headphones) and Doyle Brunsons son Todd.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:38 PM

Thanks bro.... I bet you're about wore out now.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:39 PM

thats a scary sounding table.....

with that calibre of players..wouldnt it just be a crapshoot gambling as to who wins without wealthy tourists??

Its like as if i put up $500k to play a skins game with tiger, vijay and mickelson.....who in their right mind would play that
Old 01-24-2005, 05:43 PM

Well I think any one of them would rather play tourists. But how many tourists are going to buy in for 500k?
Old 01-24-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats a scary sounding table.....

with that calibre of players..wouldnt it just be a crapshoot gambling as to who wins without wealthy tourists??

Its like as if i put up $500k to play a skins game with tiger, vijay and mickelson.....who in their right mind would play that

[/ QUOTE ]

can't really compare that poker table to golf, since in the game of golf it is clear-cut that one is better than others, evident by Tiger's talent and wins. There is no one in poker that can dominate like Tiger. And I doubt there will be anyone who really dominates year in and year out because of the luck factor.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last night when I left there were only 380 or so. There was still 8 hours to sign up. The 2 you didn't recognise I'm guessing were Bobby Baldwin (Tall with curly hair and headphones) and Doyle Brunsons son Todd.

[/ QUOTE ]

What were they playing?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since in the game of golf it is clear-cut that one is better than others, evident by Tiger's talent and wins. There is no one in poker that can dominate like Tiger. And I doubt there will be anyone who really dominates year in and year out because of the luck factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, your information is about 3 years out-of-date (although Tiger won this week). Know any golfers from Fiji?
Old 01-25-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
since in the game of golf it is clear-cut that one is better than others, evident by Tiger's talent and wins. There is no one in poker that can dominate like Tiger. And I doubt there will be anyone who really dominates year in and year out because of the luck factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, your information is about 3 years out-of-date (although Tiger won this week). Know any golfers from Fiji?

[/ QUOTE ]

How is my info out of my date? Tiger had one off year last year. how many off years did a Fiji arrogant bastard have? i would say the first 25+ years of his life. This isn't a golf discussion, but Vijay plays in more events, with crappier fields, and wins them as he should. Who has more majors and tournaments wins? C'mon. Vijay isn't better than Tiger. Give it a couple more years when Vijay can win 4 majors in a row then we'll talk.
And back to the poker persective, there won't be someone like Tiger in poker. Not even if Phil Ivey is called the Tiger Woods of poker.