Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: I Didn\'t Study For This Test, I\'m Cool

Ah yes, the hungover SAT, a classic. The best I can do in this area was getting a 580 in math in 7th grade with zero prep. Although I got a 220 in Verbal at the same time, my vocabulary is very bad.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:20 PM

I had a decent score but it didn't matter anyway. I went in the Marines. My DIs didn't care about my SAT score.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:22 PM

I improved my SAT verbal score by 110 points by not trying (i.e. focusing really hard on the math part, and not worrying so much about verbal).

Weird...
Old 01-25-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please, let's not forget, "I was totally hung over when I took the SAT's." Or, not to be outdone by his bigger, tougher, older brother "I was still drunk when I took the SAT's." Both translate to: "My parents spent $2000 on Princeton and Kaplan Test prep so I could break the minimum to get into this school."

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read through all 70 posts in this thread and there have been about 5 of beermoney's responses which I've said "I'll come back and laugh at that" but they just kept on coming...
Old 01-25-2005, 10:33 PM

In high school I never studied. There were entire English books that I straight up did not open. Nothing. History, I barely ever studied. AP Calc, didn't take notes. AP Physics... now that was truly a joke.

The only time I would ever talk about this was to annoy people who spend every goddamn minute of their lives worrying about getting into a name brand college, meeting a teacher, worrying some more, and thinking about how good a college they could get into so they could name drop it. There were kids who got tutored for the SATS twice a week, I let them know that I got what they got without studying (not that I did boy phenomish on it, just really well). But I never did it to straight up hardworking kids who didn't brag or who were good people. I did it to piss of generally unintelligent kids who were too caught up in the college race. There's a fine line there, but I did it not to brag (I'm really not too proud of how I handled HS) but to piss certain people off.

At the end of the day my slacking didn't really affect me in some areas, still got the A's and the 5 on the AP and in others its something I really regret, like English, and the AP Physics AP (Got a 1 baby! but thats a long story).

Another long story is how I somehow was given permission to skip ahead and take the elementary school system through lightspeed (I graduated at a really young 16, when I graduated HS every single eleventh grader was older than me and a bunch of the tenth graders too. Loooooong story.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Re: LMAO no that is not what my post said

[ QUOTE ]
Okay many of you here are doing exactly what I say.

"I went to a private school with hard courses and hard instructors, and I barely had to study, and only for some courses"

"I always had to study a little for, but not that much."

"that was due to doing absolutely none of the work. The only thing that kept me passing was getting A's on the tests in 80% of my classes yes I did do poorly sometimes, but for the most part I did not study at all."

"Going to class and doing the mandatory homework was enough, I didn't need to study."

See you guys did do work you just don't want to admit it. I'm not saying you have to do all your homework and study the entire night before a test to do good in class, all I'm saying is that you did some work along the lines somewhere. Even if you didn't do the homework, and didn't study for the test I can buy that you did well on a test but you can't then say you didn't pay attention in class too.

And again, when you people are saying "i did absolutely no work" you apparently don't mean that in a literal sense because almost everyone above who said they don't do any work at all went on to qualify that by then saying something like, "just paying attention in class is enough, and doing a little of the HW and maybe studying just 1 hour for a test."

[/ QUOTE ] That third is a quote from my post and the rest of it would say that yes I paid attention in class, no I didn't do any work, and yes I got A's on most tests without studying for them (outside of class). Also this only applies to high school and bs easy college classes like accounting or economics
Old 01-26-2005, 03:25 AM

I don't know about your high school, but anyone who claims to be a B student without doing any homework is full of [censored]. I'm not sure, but I think homework consists of 20% or more of your grade. So it's kinda impossible to get a B or an A without doing homework.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:30 AM

Yes, a very good point. In some of my classes it was 33%.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:32 AM

I don't know about your high school, but anyone who claims to be a B student without doing any homework is full of [censored]. I'm not sure, but I think homework consists of 20% or more of your grade. So it's kinda impossible to get a B or an A without doing homework.

Completely dependant on your instructor.

GoT
Old 01-26-2005, 03:50 AM

"if you're reading a book you enjoy, and learning material that is gonna be on a test, you are studying."

Welcome to graduate school in the humanities. The trick is still enjoying the stuff by the time you're done...

-Michael