Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 06:37 AM

Default I Didn\'t Study For This Test, I\'m Cool

Justin A's post reminded me of this attitude in high school which irked me. There were a lot of people who didn't do homework or study for tests and then they would say something like "yeah, i didn't study for this test or do any homework all semester! i don't pay attention in class either! oh well!" then a week later they will say "look man, i got a B on that test, and I didn't study at all, it was so easy."

As if their indifferent attitude is the coolest thing ever (plus they are geniuses, they got a B on a test while doing no work), but even worse than that is that these people do their homework and are just making [censored] up. When they said they didn't study what they really mean is they didn't do the extra credit assignment and they ONLY reviewed for an hour or two. Bogus.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:40 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-25-2005, 06:42 AM

Default Re: LMAO

Exactly, it's really just impossible to get some grades in some classes without paying attention in class or doing homework. I mean, where the hell did you learn the material if not from doing some form of work for class?
Old 01-25-2005, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly, it's really just impossible to get some grades in some classes without paying attention in class or doing homework. I mean, where the hell did you learn the material if not from doing some form of work for class?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was supposed to be from the textbook. If it makes you feel better, I've been studying off and on since I woke up today.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:55 PM

Okay many of you here are doing exactly what I say.

"I went to a private school with hard courses and hard instructors, and I barely had to study, and only for some courses"

"I always had to study a little for, but not that much."

"that was due to doing absolutely none of the work. The only thing that kept me passing was getting A's on the tests in 80% of my classes yes I did do poorly sometimes, but for the most part I did not study at all."

"Going to class and doing the mandatory homework was enough, I didn't need to study."

See you guys did do work you just don't want to admit it. I'm not saying you have to do all your homework and study the entire night before a test to do good in class, all I'm saying is that you did some work along the lines somewhere. Even if you didn't do the homework, and didn't study for the test I can buy that you did well on a test but you can't then say you didn't pay attention in class too.

And again, when you people are saying "i did absolutely no work" you apparently don't mean that in a literal sense because almost everyone above who said they don't do any work at all went on to qualify that by then saying something like, "just paying attention in class is enough, and doing a little of the HW and maybe studying just 1 hour for a test."
Old 01-25-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See you guys did do work you just don't want to admit it. I'm not saying you have to do all your homework and study the entire night before a test to do good in class, all I'm saying is that you did some work along the lines somewhere. Even if you didn't do the homework, and didn't study for the test I can buy that you did well on a test but you can't then say you didn't pay attention in class too.

And again, when you people are saying "i did absolutely no work" you apparently don't mean that in a literal sense because almost everyone above who said they don't do any work at all went on to qualify that by then saying something like, "just paying attention in class is enough, and doing a little of the HW and maybe studying just 1 hour for a test."

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have a point? Any point at all? I really don't think anyone would ever say I never did a single homework assignment, or studied a single minute, and wore earplugs and blindfolds to school every day and got all As. Obviously when someone says they did no work, they mean very little. Regardless, let's face it, high school was a joke.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:00 PM

people exaggerate on stuff like this all the time. when someone says they haven't slept in two days, they generally don't mean it literally.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay many of you here are doing exactly what I say.

"I went to a private school with hard courses and hard instructors, and I barely had to study, and only for some courses"

"I always had to study a little for, but not that much."

"that was due to doing absolutely none of the work. The only thing that kept me passing was getting A's on the tests in 80% of my classes yes I did do poorly sometimes, but for the most part I did not study at all."

"Going to class and doing the mandatory homework was enough, I didn't need to study."

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you shouldve titled your post, "I'm a nit".
Old 01-25-2005, 03:43 PM

Ehhh... During high school I was usually able to pick everything up I'd need for the tests in math and science courses, and English more or less came naturally to me. I acutally studied a lot for history, though, but I tried not to study alone.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Studying to me means setting aside time to prepare for a test, or basically doing anything beyond what was mandatory like rereading over notes before a test, going to study sessions before / after schools, etc.