Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: A break from poker

I'm a 19 year old Saint Lawrence University English major but I'm transfering into NYUs journalism program next semester. (My fake goal is to replace Norman Chad and the other guy out of announcing world series of poker events.)

My family doesn't have quite enough money to pay for NYU or to pay for me to live in the city but I figure that at my current rate of hands/month at 10/20, I should be able to make due. I really don't want to take out loans.

If I have enough, and I think I will, I'm going to take a trip this summer to Europe with a friend (Danenania for those of you who recognize his handle). We're first going to a writing workshop on this isle of Crete in Greece and then we're visiting his Aunt and Uncle in Cairo, Egypt. But after that we're traveling around Europe, probably staying in youth hostels. So any of you Europeans, maybe I'll see you across the pond.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:49 PM

20 year old student at UCLA. senior year of high school played cards for the first time, and hated it cause i lost $20 to my friends. slowly i got into it and cleaned up against them (they were pretty terrible haha). deposited small sums of money online and lost that. started playing hold em online at pardise seriously in freshman year.

sittin on 5/10 6max on party currently, play 15 and 20 holdem occasionally at all the SoCal card rooms.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:27 PM

51 year old Mom who was introduced to the game a year ago by my 19 year old son, who is a much better player than am I. Also have a 13 year old son and work as a real estate appraiser. Interests are astanga yoga, reading, travel, lots of family stuff and studying the game. Hope to do more poker and less appraising as my skills improve. Feel like a senior citizen reading the replies here.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:40 PM

Im a 20 year old student at Northeastern University in Boston majoring in Communications. I played cards with friends occasionaly but really started playing online in early september when I had way too much free time while doing an internship and not being in classes. Lately I have been playing the 5/10 6max games at party but have yet to spend any of my winnings on anything fun up until yesterday. Finnaly bought a new computer (Dell Inspiron 9200) So I can play 3 tables with no overlap and make my way up to 4 in the near future.

I drive a '95 Honda Civic and I love baseball GO SOX! I plan to really dip into my bankroll to get into opening day at Fenway park as well as get to as many games as I can. Its really nice having the cash to actually do things while all my friends are broke. I hope to keep improving as well as suplement my income through this game of poker...only time will tell.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:48 PM

Working for the gov't really f[/i]ucked with your mind didn't it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you spend your money on?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not much. Save a lot. I do buy a lot of DVDs though.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you drive?

[/ QUOTE ]
Firebird convertible, a good choice in MN right now.

[ QUOTE ]
Hobbies?

[/ QUOTE ]
Follow pro sports closely and like playing them too. Obsessive about music. Gradually watching the movies I buy. I suppose surfing the net counts as a hobby too.

[ QUOTE ]
Where do you guys go to school or work?

[/ QUOTE ]
21 y.o. University of MN-twin cities student in journalism and math. No job at the moment or in the recent past. Need to start thinking about an internship soon.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:20 PM

I am 35 and have 2 small kids. I graduated from UC Santa Barbara with an accounting degree. I played a lot of stud in San Jose in the late 90s. The games were great.

I live in Sacramento now and work for the State. I don’t have a lot of time for poker right now because kids take lots of time and my wife just started playing. We’re going to spend some of our winnings on another computer so we don’t have to share.

I play fantasy football and golf (and real golf, too) and am a Red Sox fan.

Todd
Old 01-25-2005, 07:25 PM

Twenty year old Sports Management major at The University of Florida. I used to race bicycles until sophmore year of college, coincidently as I learned how to play poker. Read the Theory of Poker out of curiuosity, which led to more learning, and now play 5-10 6max.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:13 PM

I'm a 20 yr. old student from San Luis Obispo. Been playing semi-not-so-seriously for about 2 yrs. I drive a VW GTI with hopes of getting an R32. Its taken a lot of time (and $$) and still have not quite figured out the game. I've been known to multitable a 2/4 and 15/30 game in the past, but no longer indulge on such luxuries. Right now I try to play the 3/6 but tilt more than a sophomore school girl without midol. I don't know, I'm still reading and playing, reading and playing - maybe someday it will all come together (or sooner, I will simply fall apart). For now, I let myself enjoy this rollercoaster I put myself on. When I'm up I am king, when I'm down you won't find me. That's how I live, it's nice.
Keep it simple.
-KidPokerX
Old 01-25-2005, 09:39 PM

"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on... REMEMBER THAT" -- Blow