Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 02:02 PM

Default A break from poker

What do you spend your money on? What do you drive? Hobbies? Where do you guys go to school or work?

I am a 20 year old student at Wichita State University studying business admin. and I'm a track athlete on the side. I started playing online a year and a few months ago. Poker is more of a job now than before and I'm trying to save for a new car right now (hopefully a 95 BMW M3).

Who are you people? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Do tell.

Nick
Old 01-25-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: A break from poker

29 year old Tax Accountant in VA.

I basically play poker instead of watch TV at night. I am a sports fan and am still able to play soccer year round in local men's leagues. One day I hope to stop working for the man and make a run at playing poker full time.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:21 PM

20 year old dude from Gothenburg, Sweden. Studying Technology Management and Economics.

I Have been playing since May last year. I love the challange. I want to improve. I play instead of watching TV and studying. Unfortunatly it took over my social life as well for a while. I've stepped down a bit recently though. I like poker. I'm paying back my student lones and it feels good.

I'm saving up to some stuff. I'm not really used to spending much. I plan to spend a lot of poker dough this summer. It's gonna be good.

I like weight-lifting. That and poker are my two hobbies... mainly poker :-)
Old 01-25-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One day I hope to stop working for the man and make a run at playing poker full time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't want to work for the man ever.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:24 PM

26 year old high school computer science teacher. My fiance (who also plays) and I decided not to get cable. Instead we would play board games, watch movies, and play poker. I also play soccer and coach the JV team. Also assistant coach the academic team.

Krishan
Old 01-25-2005, 03:28 PM

I just turned 27. I've been doing this for over a year now, but am really starting to get serious about it now (have been for the last couple months). I just bought a brand new 05 toyota 4runner. I love to mountainbike, rock climb, and go running with my dog. I blow most of my spending cash on DVDs and books. (I love to read and watch movies).
Old 01-25-2005, 03:42 PM

I'm just a hobo. A useless drifter who never stays anywhere long enough to be a familiar face. I stick to the shadows and back alleys. I used to be a brewer, but the drink started getting to me so I quit the rat race and took a few easy jobs to pay the rent. Then I stopped paying the rent and quit town when the legal letters started arriving. I bought a computer on borrowed cash, and left without paying it back. Since then its just been just another cheap rented room and counter-girls, neighbours fighting and screaming in the night, burnt out wrecks in the street and insects sharing my food.

I got broadband and made a few bucks playing some poker online, nobody knows my real name, they never see my face. Soon it's gonna be time to move on again, maybe this time they won't find me.

Some of you will never know how close to the truth this is... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2005, 04:36 PM

I'm a 44 year old IT professional. I've got a wife and a 10 y.o. daughter. I spend money on them, although I did buy myself a nice 52" widescreen HDTV. I don't know why, because I don't really watch television, except for sports and movies. I drive an '02 mazda tribute, pretty much by accident, as it has been with most all my cars. I started playing about when I signed up for this place. Miah and I were talking about it in another forum. I had played pre-craze, but not in a long time. Now, without a whole lot of prompting on my part, we have a friendly neighborhood low buy in no-limit game every weekend. This is mainly an excuse to drink.

I play evenings, mainly 5/10, although that was me you saw last night quad tabling the 1/2 because of a stupid Party bonus situation (signed up for BONUSJAN before I realized they "gave" me $50 with a 500 hand play through that I've got to work first).
Old 01-25-2005, 04:44 PM

20 year old math major,poker degenerate, and southern california bum. I've worked in IT and gone to school the last couple of years in between spending too much of my life reading and learning about cards and a freshmen year of partying that i'm still recovering from :-) Within the last 6 months my discipline has improved greatly and things are starting to come together.

Big baseball fan.. Oakland A's! and big follower of our own Nate Tha Great's PECOTA and Baseball Prospectus.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:35 PM

32 yr. old, golf professional. Married w/ a dog, a cat, and a little one on the way. Hobbies include golf, poker, and i'm a bit of a movie junkie. Wife drives a mustang, i'm stuck w/ the Altima [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

For the past couple of years most (about 80%) poker money has gone to pay down our mortgage faster

(p.s. it just makes me giddy to think how close we are to having our house paid off, and for those that buy "fun" things, trust me thinking about not having a house payment in 4 or 5 more "good" years is MORE FUN...LOL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

The other bit of money probably ends up in my belly, or paying a bill here or there....God as I type this I need to go spend on something frivolous LOL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--Golf