Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Begginer No-Limit Question

[ QUOTE ]
With a pair of 9's (or most any pair), your objective in seeing the flop is to hit a set and then hammer it. Don't slowplay sets.

Not only did you not hit the set on the flop, but there was an obvious flush draw on the board including an Ace.

I'm not sure why you bet the flop instead of folding. You had no piece of it. Plus betting the river after seeing a third club on the turn and a three-to-a-straight develop between the flop and river was not good at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree to a point, but here he raised before the flop there is only an Ace overcard to his pair its been checked to him so a continuation bet isnt that bad a play, anyone who calls more likely has an ace or is drawing to the flush.

Once I get a caller here I am done with the hand, unless the draws dont hit and I may then call a bet on the river.

However as it played out every draw got there and the betting is strong from a tight conservative player so I cant call here.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Begginer No-Limit Question

I didn't bother reading the rest of the posts so if I just repeat something that's already been said then forgive me.

Pre-flop to turn: Played fine.

River? I'd fold. Yes you hit your set but the board's too dangerous and I'm sure UTG+1 or MP2 slowplayed the turn flush.