Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Ouch, it\'s at a key number already?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with you CCx...the only "huge edge" the Pats might have is coaching. This is the best coaching staff in the league. Other than that, I don't see many big edges either way. These are two really good teams from top to bottom.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to disagree - they have an edge, but I don't think it's huge. Andy Reid and Jim Johnson are no pushovers and have accomplished quite a bit, but I do agree that your coaches are the best in the league hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how you define an edge as "huge", but I think the Pats have an offense coaching gap that's kinda wide and even on defense.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm with you CCx...the only "huge edge" the Pats might have is coaching. This is the best coaching staff in the league. Other than that, I don't see many big edges either way. These are two really good teams from top to bottom.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to disagree - they have an edge, but I don't think it's huge. Andy Reid and Jim Johnson are no pushovers and have accomplished quite a bit, but I do agree that your coaches are the best in the league hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how you define an edge as "huge", but I think the Pats have an offense coaching gap that's kinda wide and even on defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying, "huge" would be like what would happen if the Falcons had won and the Pats were playing the Falcons - then the coaching edge would be HUGE. But you're talking about an Eagles team who has a head coach who has won a TON of games in the last four years, and a defensive coordinator who is easily in the top 5 in the league. That's all I'm saying...
Old 01-24-2005, 12:40 PM

An interesting note:

Both Andy Reid and Bill Belichick are undefeated as head coaches with an extra week to prepare for a game (bye week, home field advantage, etc.) - something's got to give!
Old 01-24-2005, 12:44 PM

I think John Clayton nailed it in his early Super Bowl preview:

This game features great coaching. Bill Belichick and Andy Reid are clearly among the best at what they do, but look at the assistants. Jim Johnson and Brad Childress of the Eagles and Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis of the Patriots should all have head coaching jobs in the NFL. Only Crennel, who is the leading candidate for a patient Browns franchise, is going to get an NFL head-coaching job. Childress and Johnson have been to four NFC championship games. Weis is off to Notre Dame. For Crennel and Weis, this is their final shot with the Patriots in a big game. Weis can use the Super Bowl to help sell Notre Dame to recruits in the future. This Super Bowl will be one of the smartest in memory. Weis is a master of quick passes and play-action passes. Crennel may be the best in NFL history in terms of disguising basic Cover 2 schemes. Johnson terrifies opponents with all of the blitzes that he runs and is also a master of the fake blitz. Childress is just sound. He makes the West Coast offense work.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Qb-Huge edge to Pats

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

Am i the only one who thinks that McNabb is better than Brady?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Qb-Huge edge to Pats

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

Am i the only one who thinks that McNabb is better than Brady?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think John Clayton nailed it in his early Super Bowl preview:

This game features great coaching. Bill Belichick and Andy Reid are clearly among the best at what they do, but look at the assistants. Jim Johnson and Brad Childress of the Eagles and Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis of the Patriots should all have head coaching jobs in the NFL. Only Crennel, who is the leading candidate for a patient Browns franchise, is going to get an NFL head-coaching job. Childress and Johnson have been to four NFC championship games. Weis is off to Notre Dame. For Crennel and Weis, this is their final shot with the Patriots in a big game. Weis can use the Super Bowl to help sell Notre Dame to recruits in the future. This Super Bowl will be one of the smartest in memory. Weis is a master of quick passes and play-action passes. Crennel may be the best in NFL history in terms of disguising basic Cover 2 schemes. Johnson terrifies opponents with all of the blitzes that he runs and is also a master of the fake blitz. Childress is just sound. He makes the West Coast offense work.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that sucks about this game is that we hafta wait two weeks to watch it!

Should be an amazing game.

CCx, I was probably wrong about the coaches. It's not a "huge" advantage for the Pats, but still an edge.

I haven't check the line for the total yet, but I don't think everyone should have their heart set on the over with these two defenses playing.

Another interesting thing will be TO at the 3rd reciever if he plays. Of course he won't be 100%, but what's to say that's not just a decoy to get a weaker CB on him? Maybe that's farfetched, but might not be a bad idea.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:27 PM

The eagles are a much better defense once Trotter was inserted at MLB. Their defensive line is healthy and they have a lot of bodies to throw up there. Both team's coordinators are regarded as the top in the league so while NE has been here before, the Eagles coaching isn't going to go in the tank or anything.

This line will not move off 7 - the vig will fluctuate but I would be extremely surprised to see this go up to 7.5 as a huge middle will be created.

Last year NE's great game planning and defense let up a boatload of yards and points to Carolina. Both teams will have a bunch of new wrinkles. TO should serve as a decoy at worst.

I think this will a stiff test for the Pats, especially with all this time to prepare. I'm keeping an eye out on when to bet on the Birds - I'll wait till the vig is a litte more favorable.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Early betting opportunity on the Eagles in the SB?

It was just announced at Andy Reid's Monday press conference that Chad Lewis will not be playing in the Super Bowl due to a broken foot.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Defense-Huge edge Pats

[/ QUOTE ]

You sort of glossed over this point. Do you know that the Pats 2 best cornerbacks are on IR? The Eagles secondary has 3 pro bowlers. Do you realize that the Pats 3rd best CB is a wide receiver (Troy Brown)? Do you realize that the Pats 4th best CB was out of football and in college until 2 weeks ago (HanK Poteat)?