Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: anyone fold this KK?

we have a winner.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:39 PM

He's a retard who would have taken this pot from half the posters in this thread. Just something to think about.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:52 PM

He's either bad or just tilting and wants to put you on AK or thinks maybe you were just trying to bully him randomly like some people will do with 98o. Either way he had probably in his mind committed his stack to the pot if no A or K flopped and was now just following up.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:43 AM

Not a chance in hell I'd fold here normally, given the allin was less than the size of the pot. For such a raise, the op could just be going with their hand, which was apparently the case in this actual example as he gave you AK or a lower pp. And if people habitually get scared with hands like KK facing such a raise, they will never be a winning player.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:23 AM

Twice the other night I held QQ and flopped Q's full. Checked the flop and got set in, both times by JJ.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:45 AM

Yeah, I guess he is just a retard. I'm new to NL100, I'm mostly a limit player actually. When I see huge raises I have a habit to think there are monsters under the bed. Good to know this is an automatic call for most of you.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:05 AM

Yeah I can't see folding here because I don't see what you are possibly behind that is making this play here. There is the possibility that you are against AA, but its a very strange way to play aces as most people will repop you PF with AA. AQ was a far more likely hand for the guy to have here as the raise would doubtfully be from a monster. QQ would have smooth called for sure, and a 2 is extremely doubtful considering the PF play.

The JJ here was probably because 1) the guy maybe thought you had AK or AJ and would lay down to the raise. 2) the guy thought you had a worse PP and assumed to be paid off by 10s or something. Either way, a horrendous play by your opponent with JJ.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:03 AM

It's pretty much an autocall because he doesn't have much behind. You are getting better than 3:1 to call his reraise; are you ahead more than 1/3 of the time against a random player? Yes. So call.

If made the same raise and you both had another $400 behind, then you would want to consider mucking more seriously.