Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Quick Question about internet Poker play.

I disagree with the not getting people mad at you thing. I think it's a great way to put people on tilt, making them enter hands you're in and stay in longer and bet more against you. So long as you have enough control over your own emotions not to change how you play, it seems like a money maker to me. Lots of the maniacs I encounter are also trash talkers, so I usually make it a point to make one or two cracks to draw their attention to me.

Still, I'm pretty new and I'll admit I could be wrong on this like lots of other things, so I'd be glad to hear the other side better explained. How can it hurt me to have someone gunning for me, provided I don't change the way I play? True, he might suck out a few times when he otherwise would have folded, but his extra bets on the other hands will more than pay for that over the long run.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:36 AM

a) the auto fold button obviously can't give anything away (possible exception if used after the flop, they can tell something about what you'll do after you raise preflop, or something)
b) obviously those auto buttons are useful for giving the impression intentionally of what each of those "tells" means.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you play online poker, this may be
the most important newsletter you ever
read...

[/ QUOTE ]

While a few of the things he mentions aren't completely ridiculous, they're also pretty minor things compared with, say, learning how to play decently. Just about everyone here can name several much more valuable things to read on the subject. Ok, most of them aren't newsletters, but so what. If you're paying anything for the newsletter, I sure hope he's wrong about this one being the most important.

Well, one exception is "playing for too much." That's a big no-no, but it's kinda brutally obvious.