Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Re: At what point do you re-evaluate your play?

[ QUOTE ]
At what point do I need to re-evaluate my play and not strike up a streak to a bad run of cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should ALWAYS evaluate your play, whether you are on a HOT winning streak or a COLD losing streak. That way, you know why you are winning.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:21 AM

I know that, I meant re-evaluate seriously. As in "Hey, I might be a losing player for such and such a reason, I'm going to stop playing and figure it out." Maybe not exactly that, but obviously you should always be trying to improve, by re-evaluate I mean more than just improving as you play.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:24 AM

Played 5 $10+1 Stud8 SNGs....2 firsts, rest OTM, although one of those had I not been 4-tabling and reading the internet at the same time I most likely would've placed. I got into a battle early in a hand when I was 2nd stack, up against 1st stack. 5 were left and I didn't realize that the other 3 were all under 500 chips (I forget the ante/structure at that point, but it was rather high). By the time I realized it, the pot was way too big and I had to stay with the hand. Oh well...40% ITM (3 out of 8 place, keep in mind) with close to 50% ROI guess I can't complain...
Old 01-12-2005, 03:37 PM

I totally agree 'Slav.... I'm in the exact same situation as War right now.... playing good solid poker ..... but losing... Time off with a review of my hand histories over the next couple days and I'll be reinvigorated for a weekend of phish slaying!!!