Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 04:08 PM

Default Re: All in with 82o, standard?

i once won a tournament with 1 BB left after completing in the SB with QTo. I flopped top pair and the rest is history. i dont like the push here. youre going to get called by alot of hands. i know that if i was the BB getting 2:1 odds, im going to call with any hand that is better than 66:33 against a hand like A6o, and thats a WHOLE lot of hands.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:22 PM

Default Re: All in with 82o, standard?

I'd wait for a better spot to push. I don't think this is "standard" at all. You're going to see 5-6 more hands before the blinds hit you again. I have to think you will have a better hand to get all-in with than 82o. Personally, I would have waited, but I hope it worked out for you.

Yeah, the pot odds are good, but your hand is horrible, especially 9-handed with three players behind you that have you covered.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:56 AM

Default RESULTS

BB called with KJ, after running down half of his time clock. Board was

A8TQx and I was toast.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

A little math to help me wrap my mind around it - What are your average odds if called? Maybe 2:1? Simplifying to the situation where you're in the SB w 6950 left after posting, instead of CO:

At 2:1, EV if called is ~5270 (15800/3). If BB folds, your EV is 10850. So BB must fold >30% of the time in order to make it right. So if you're in the SB, I think it's a push. So from the CO, you need something like P(all fold)>30% (this ignores important additional math, but I think we're in the ballpark). In a $10 MTT, I think it's a tossup.

Math corrections, assumption disagreements welcomed.