Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: small stakes question

i highly doubt at $2-$4 just because you raise with AA that you aren't going to get callers. That is the limits SSHE said it was written for Maybe if we are talking higher stakes like 10-20.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The pots aren't always big for this to happen either. So your theory is faulted a bit. If you raise preflop then weak passive players check and call you down and manage to suckout on you then you're losing bets but not even capitalizing when they don't suck out on you because none bets their mediocre hands for you to try to build a pot. It seems as if this is how the majority of these people will play

[/ QUOTE ]

As others have tried to explain to you, weak-passive players who call you down are exactly the types of players from whom you reliably make money in the long-run.

[ QUOTE ]
I was a smiley face and a money bag from DRIVITT'S auto rate rules so it's not as if i don't know aggressive play. I think the original inquiry of my post is getting distorted and can't entirely believe you that the only reason I am making money at these levels is slop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, based upon your comments throughout this thread, I am assuming that if you have been winning it is likely because you've been getting dealt good cards, especially if you've already won two, 1000+ player tournaments in just a few hundred hours of playing.

[ QUOTE ]
I have won 2 UB tournaments with over 1000 people in them and told you of my auto rate ratings so I feel you are totally discounting where my skills are at and distorting my question into one which is whether i am skillful enough to play at these levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact you have won two 1000+ player tournaments does not mean that you know crap about how to play limit poker.

[ QUOTE ]
That isn't the inquiry of the post as I am a fairly confident player, all I was wondering was if I am studying holdem from a SSHE point of view SHOULD I be concentrating on $2-$4 or higher instead of messing with the micro limit crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think that you should definately be learning how to play better poker. The fact that you don't really understand from where the money is made in poker means that you will likely be a losing player if you try to play at too high of a limit for your bankroll.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I win at $.50-$1 and $1-$2...Noone thinks I should move up from what I have gathered. So all of your excuses is precisely because of the crappy players. I have just one question then, why doesn't every player in the world just sit and play with all the crappy players at micro limits, after all from your arguments i should stay there because I win there and shouldn't move up because of crappy players.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason that better players play higher limits is that:

1) Very good players can earn more money per hour playing at a higher limit, even if their earnings in BB/hour is lower in comparison to playing at a lower limit.

2) Most very good players will feel bored and unchallenged playing at a limit too low for their skill level.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:43 AM

more like 1500 hours playing time or so. I have taken final table at least 5 times and won and placed in top 5 4 times in 7 local tournaments I have been in. Good cards?

I liked the rest of the post and the one from the guy before. They were the only two that have meant something so far.

But come on again with the discredit on skills. Whatever man you don't know me and I am not asking you to judge whether or not you think I have been winning because of good cards or not. So since I have been on such a "lucky" run I should expect to start losing or something. Ha Ha took two weeks off and was at a final table at UB two days ago again.

Reading about 10 books in the last 5 months has helped the learning curve.

I APPRECIATE the advice from ALL.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But come on again with the discredit on skills. Whatever man you don't know me and I am not asking you to judge whether or not you think I have been winning because of good cards or not. So since I have been on such a "lucky" run I should expect to start losing or something. Ha Ha took two weeks off and was at a final table at UB two days ago again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really care whether you can play or not. Since you seem to know that you play well...just go ahead and play at whatever limit you want.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:08 AM

geez man all i have been saying is that my damn QUESTION IS NOT ABOUT MY SKILLZ!!!! and after saying that a couple times in posts you say my tourney wins are from "good cards" soley because of how few months I have been playing. Noone can pick up poker put serious effort into it and win I guess and if they do and ask questions that is all you will bring up is that they should stay at a lower limit because

1. the players are horrible
2. all my winnings so far since I play so little are from getting "good cards"
3. when my question has nothing to do with my skill refer to 1. and 2.

ok
Old 01-05-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care whether you can play or not. Since you seem to know that you play well...just go ahead and play at whatever limit you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. Here everyone was being all helpful and shit for a change and you had to get all defensive. I also officially don't give a flying fuck what level you play, but I can guarantee two things:

1) you won't find what you're looking for,
and
2) you're not as good as you think you are
Old 01-05-2005, 02:15 AM

poker is about making money. bad players give you their money over time. harping on players staying in and sucking out with crap shows a fundamental misunderstanding of one of the main concepts in poker. you may be able to do what books tell you, but without a metagame understanding, you will never be able to beat bigger games. THAT is why the posters here are telling you not to move up yet.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:16 AM

I would be better off moving up out of what seems to be an absolute cess pool of crappy players all taking shots with crap.

I routinely play in a 20/40 game that averages 5 players to the flop. It's a great game to be in. Re-read bk's reply to you slowly. You've come to the right place; we can help you.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall
Old 01-05-2005, 02:19 AM

I assume you meant my first reply.