Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: NL tourneys: small pairs from EP with a short stack

Seriously, your use of the English language on this board (I'm sure you are more than capable in "real life") makes it difficult to comprehend sometimes. You could have been talking about blinds, minutes per level, or stack size - all of which can impact these types of decisions.

Regardless, your decision to call a mini-raise in EP with a small pocket pair is generally incorrect at either of these stack sizes because of the liklihood that you'll face a re-raise and therefore will not have the implied odds necessary.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Re: NL tourneys: small pairs from EP with a short stack

[ QUOTE ]
say you have 10-15 BBs. you are short but not extremely desperate, yet. you are dealt a small pair (say 22-55) UTG or UTG+1. what will you generally do?

[/ QUOTE ]

At a full table, fold. Or maybe move in on the 10X BB stack if the dynamics suggest I will likely steal. Certainly with only 8X BB I likely move in. With a 10-20X BB stack I likely fold. With an ante, I may move in with 12-13X BB stack if dynamics are suitable.

I wouldn't give consideration to limping with them unless I and most of the table had 20X BB or more.