Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2004, 12:53 AM

Default Re: 22 in 2-5 PokerRoom game...

How big is the stack of the small blind?

I think reraising the flop was a fine play to isolate the yahoo, but you really want to kill two birds with one stone if possible this hand. Depending on the stack sizes you should have been able to get get them to commit $500 total by the river especially three way with the pot being $280 or so at the turn with a smooth call.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:21 AM

That is exactly correct...you flopped a set...you wait all night for that...I take the chance and gamble that they don't catch up...I do not reraise the flop, I call and maybe the kk raises now..., trying to protect his hand...this is the sandwich effect...the bettor may dump his hand right there with nothing, or make the mistake and call... you can bet the turn and get money from both of them then...
It is similar to an aggresive player raising b4 the flop, a player calling and now you come over the top for a lot...
the pre flop raiser is now confronted with a caller and a reraiser who has shown superior strength...he will most likely dump right there for fear of you and the caller...thus the sandwich...also, the original caller may dump as well and you win it right there....THAT IS PRE FLOP THOUGH...
milk them with the set...bet the turn... the yahoo cant dump the kk....however if on the turn an Ace peels off, check it then lead on the river to get paid off...
check the turn to show you are weak maybe he bluffs...
if he bets, just call and lead for rest of money on the river.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:03 AM

Who's the fish? I agree with the other poster that there are fewer than there used to be...

As for the way you played it -- I like checking the flop, since the $10 bet doesn't convince you that he has anything... but once the moron bets and gets raised, don't reraise the SB on the flop. There really aren't many draws here, and it's very likely he has a made hand here, so soak his jack for as much as you can get.

Also, limping UTG+1 with 22 isn't a good play, unless the game is really good.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:38 AM

I can not remember his name exactly. Something like NYJets and then some numbers, but I can not remember for sure(I do not take notes because I do not have the download version). The one great thing about the "5-10" game on PR are the guys who show up in the middle of the night on super tilt with their last 194$ or some random amount that they are ready to dump off. I do not play the game on a frequent basis though. My roll is not quit suited for that game but I sit down about once a week and have a "fun night." I am sure some people there probably consider me to be one of the fishy aspects of the table. Yall are right though, there seem to be a lot more people who are sitting there everynight and dont seem to lose much. Do you guys play in the short handed game or the full rings?? I am always in the full rings and the three or four times I have sat down in december there seem to be a couple people who I do not mind playing with. Its funny though...everytime I play that game its because I had a big night in 2-4 and moved up and got [censored]. Set of queens cracked by a gutshot, set over set...and in this session the reason why I had exactly 500 to start the hand is because I had just reloaded! I shamelessly hit-n-run after this hand and left to finish christmas shopping. I am on vacation now and my goal over this vacation was to bulid up my roll to play that game more frequently...its not going so good though! So I dont know if I will see you guys up there anytime soon. BTW my handle on PR is different from mine here though, but if you guys tell me yours I will tell you mine!
Old 12-25-2004, 04:29 PM

Ok I know the guy.

I also know your handle on pr.
Old 12-25-2004, 04:31 PM

Haha I also know who creed is on pr
Old 12-25-2004, 07:28 PM

Whats my name on PR? lol, I dont think you have any idea! I think if I told you my name you would definitly know it though!! I talk a lot of [censored] and I am a frequent poster on the Pokah! forums. Maybe you looked at my profile here and saw when I posted a couple of my big wins in the Euro Dailys but I dont know...whatever though...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Old 12-25-2004, 11:06 PM

Yeah, I don't really try to hide it. You can PM me your name if you want me to start folding out of your pots ;-)
Old 12-26-2004, 12:59 AM

OHCE.

I play most of the same type of games as you, so Ive seen your posts in the different forums and i read pokah.